Leisher's 2019 Packers Mock draft 11-15

jleisher

Again, using Fanspeak's mock draft simulator and using Steve's big board, this is the draft I came up with.  As unrealistic as some may think, I would be very happy with this draft.

#19.  Gruden and the Raiders call and offer pick #23 and #33 for #19.  I took it.  Raiders select Devin White ILB LSU.

#23.  Deionte Thompson S Alabama  (#2 need)  Ha Ha's replacement

#32.  Josh Allen ILB/Edge Kentucky  (#1 need and player that should go higher.)  Clay's replacement

#33.  Montez Sweat Edge Miss St.  (#1 need and one of my favorites.)  Perry's replacement, yeah, I would release him. $ doesn't match production, gets hurt to much for the price.

#51.  Jeffery Simmons DL Miss St.  (#3 need, 1st round talent.)  Daniels isn't getting any younger, another one of my favorites.  I know, I read about his past.

#82.  Cody Ford T Oklahoma   (#4 need, 2nd round talent, slides into the RG spot)  Bell and McCray's replacement, Bell is released and McCray goes back to backup.

#120.  Travon Diggs CB Alabama  (#6 need, not sure why he's this low, but 1st round talent.)  House is gone, King is unreliable and T-Will is now a S.  Driggs, Alexander, Jackson and Brown.

#127.  Bobby Evans T Oklahoma  (#4 need, slides from LT in college to RT in pro.)  Bulaga knees are going, the man is braking down.  Evans or Ford is Bulaga's replacement.

#158.  Lukas Denis S Boston College  (#1 need, 3rd round talent in rd #5.)  Brice, Thompson, T-Will, Greene and Denis, depth and talent.

#188.  Tommy Sweeney TE Boston College (#5 need.)  I still think we keep either Kendricks or Lewis.

#192.  Jared Pinkney TE Vanderbilt  (#5 need.)  Another one of my favorites, adds depth.  Graham, Kendricks or Lewis, then Tonyan, Sweeney and Pinkney battle for the last 2 spots.

#235.  Damian Prince G Maryland  (#4 need.)  OL depth

Again, I have to echo the sentiment of others here... As soon as I read fanspeak, I lost any interest in even reading it. 

That's like 465 points the Raiders are losing out on in that first trade.  That's literally the equivalent of the team with the 44th overall pick trading away that 44th overall pick for literally nothing. 

It's just not realistic, which makes it kinda pointless to read.  It's the football equivalent of fan fiction. 

17 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Again, I have to echo the sentiment of others here... As soon as I read fanspeak, I lost any interest in even reading it. 

That's like 465 points the Raiders are losing out on in that first trade.  That's literally the equivalent of the team with the 44th overall pick trading away that 44th overall pick for literally nothing. 

It's just not realistic, which makes it kinda pointless to read.  It's the football equivalent of fan fiction. 

Who ever thought the Saints would trade two 1st rd picks to move up a few spots?

3 minutes ago, jleisher said:

Who ever thought the Saints would trade two 1st rd picks to move up a few spots?

Are you really comparing the trades in fanspeak to the trade the Saints made to get Marcus Davenport? Fanspeak is a lazy way to do a mock draft, it honestly is.

8 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Are you really comparing the trades in fanspeak to the trade the Saints made to get Marcus Davenport? Fanspeak is a lazy way to do a mock draft, it honestly is.

I respect your point.  What I like about it, you don't always get the players you want at all or in the rounds you thought you would.  I play around with it and try different angles to see what turns out.  Example, Josh Allen is in the top 15 on some big boards, the simulator might have him selected before I make my pick.  To me, the lazy way is just writing down my wish list of players for each round and suggest that no other team before the Packers pick is interested in that same player.  I can do that, but how realistic is that?  Also, my point with the Saints trade was teams will make moves that we as simple fokes with limited pro football insider knowledge would do .  So, if the Raider called the Packers and offered that trade of pick #23 and #33 for #19, Gute wouldn't do it?  IMO, he would.  I took what was offered, realistic or not.

54 minutes ago, jleisher said:

A 3rd round pick doesn't move you up 13 spots in the first round, and when you've already dealt your 2018 2nd you have to dig into 2019 picks.  Hence the reason why the Saints dealt their '19 FRP.

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

A 3rd round pick doesn't move you up 13 spots in the first round, and when you've already dealt your 2018 2nd you have to dig into 2019 picks.  Hence the reason why the Saints dealt their '19 FRP.

Agreed and I understand.  However, a lot of people were surprised with that move.

22 hours ago, jleisher said:

Agreed and I understand.  However, a lot of people were surprised with that move.

Because nobody thought that the Packers were going to move down from their highest pick in years for a future pick.  But Gute knew the market, specifically with regards to Seattle's desire to move down.

On 11/16/2018 at 12:21 PM, jleisher said:

That's really not a valid comparison in the slightest.  The cost to move up from 23 to 19 is worth roughly the 109th overall pick, not the 33rd overall pick.  Find a SINGLE trade in the last decade where the cost to move up was that high.  You simply won't find it.  In 2015, the Chargers traded their 1st round pick (17th overall), 4th round pick (117th overall), and 5th round pick (142nd overall) to move up to 15.  In 2014, the Saints traded the 26th overall pick and the 91st overall pick to Arizona for the 20th pick.  A mid-to-late 3rd round pick is a FAR cry from the early 2nd round pick.  There's no chance this deal is even remotely plausible short of some player unexpectedly falling or dealing with a potential QB.

Archived