2019 Free Agent Pool

DaBoys

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

This, more than anything, is the main reason I'd opt to sign our own players first.

I agree, we take care of our own. Which is DLaw. He is the only one of our own that's really worth a damn. I like Beasely, but only on a team friendly.

20 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Again, how much?

Mack money?

Miller money? 

Either one. We have to. We are already giving up 17 in space this year. What's another $5M? Just make sure to build a way out in like 3 or 4 years.

He has 6.5 sacks in 9 games with the offenses fully aware of him. I would get the deal done yesterday .

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Either one. We have to. We are already giving up 17 in space this year. What's another $5M? Just make sure to build a way out in like 3 or 4 years.

Thats terrible logic. Since 2014:

Mack: 3 time probowler, 2 time all pro, DPOY, 47.5 sacks, 328 tackles, 90 QB hits

Miller: 4 probowls, 2 time all pro, 57.5 sacks, 270 tackles, 121 QB hits

DLaw: 1 time probowl.... 30 sacks, 174 tackles, 55 qb hits

And on top of that, Dlaw is more at risk than either of them because he has back issues. 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats terrible logic. Since 2014:

Mack: 3 time probowler, 2 time all pro, DPOY, 47.5 sacks, 328 tackles, 90 QB hits

Miller: 4 probowls, 2 time all pro, 57.5 sacks, 270 tackles, 121 QB hits

DLaw: 1 time probowl.... 30 sacks, 174 tackles, 55 qb hits

And on top of that, Dlaw is more at risk than either of them because he has back issues. 

Yeah but the price goes up every year. The last one to sign usually signs the biggest deal. You would have to think that if we don't do it someone else will. Are the only options to pay him that or let him walk? Is so, pay him that.

Or tag him again ftw

7 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Yeah but the price goes up every year. The last one to sign usually signs the biggest deal. You would have to think that if we don't do it someone else will. Are the only options to pay him that or let him walk? Is so, pay him that.

Or tag him again ftw

Only with players of the same caliber. 

LIS - I would tap out of bidding at $20m. Thats the absolute max. Would prefer more in the ~$16-18 range. Any more than that I tag and trade. Or tag then release next year a la Spencer. 

Cole Beasley 

Golden Tate

And Randall Cobb are all set to hit the market. We need a star slot for Dak, no doubt. 

There's Moncrief as well. And Larry Fitz though I'm sure he'll retire.

Also, Phillip Dorsett

Kelvin Benjamin and Funchess

19 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Only with players of the same caliber. 

LIS - I would tap out of bidding at $20m. Thats the absolute max. Would prefer more in the ~$16-18 range. Any more than that I tag and trade. Or tag then release next year a la Spencer. 

Lawrence is obviously a stud, but guys like Mack and Donald are in their own tier. He shouldn’t get more than those guys. I think an AAV of $20M per year is fair

I know I’m in the minority on this one but I’d let DLaw walk at $20M+ a year.  I would like to keep David Irving who is just as talented and a whole lot cheaper because he’s crazy.  But we would still have a decent rotation at DE without DLaw.  We put Irving at LDE with Gregory at RDE and I dint see a huge drop off especially with the rotational guys behind them with Taco and Armstrong.  With that same $20M, we could upgrade 3 positions on the team.  Would I rather have DLaw or Irving + ET + upgrade at TE?  I’d rather have the 3 players.

11 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

I know I’m in the minority on this one but I’d let DLaw walk at $20M+ a year.  I would like to keep David Irving who is just as talented and a whole lot cheaper because he’s crazy.  But we would still have a decent rotation at DE without DLaw.  We put Irving at LDE with Gregory at RDE and I dint see a huge drop off especially with the rotational guys behind them with Taco and Armstrong.  With that same $20M, we could upgrade 3 positions on the team.  Would I rather have DLaw or Irving + ET + upgrade at TE?  I’d rather have the 3 players.

I would try a tag and trade before just letting him walk. We probably wont get our comp picks this year because we will sign other FAs to similar deals.

Secondly does David Irving even football anymore? If he's so valuable why can't he stay on the field? Well there's this reason and that reason and if we give him the time he'll come up with several more reasons. 

44 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Ive been saying the same thing.

We are already using $17M in space this year for him, and we are getting more space next year. What's 3 more?

Plus after restructuring, Von Millers 6 year $114M contract hit the cap like this:

2016: $11.5M

2017: $19.9M

Restructure 

2018: $10.1M

2019: $25.1

Potential Out in 2020(saving $14M by cutting him)

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/von-miller-7717/

That doesn't look to bad to me, especially if we pay him something less overall than Miller. All of those numbers potentially go down a bit. After paying him $17M this year, with less space, and not having a 1st round pick next year, we can't let him walk.

Archived