The Kyler Fackrell Aplogy Thread

TheOnlyThing

PFF Grades:

Fackrell 74.8 (above average, 28th ranked edge player)

Gilbert 60.9 (average, 70th)

Matthews 59.7 (average, 80th)

Perry 53.1 (below average, 99th)

That Fackrell is emerging in his third season as he turns 27 (have a happy bday next Sunday in Minneapolis Kyler) is amazing.

Those who foresaw that talent emerging are to be saluted.

14 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I triple dog dare you to salute the guy who drafted him. 

He was another TT draft pick that was handed over to Capers for 'un-development'.

Fackrell is a solid back up who is above average when asked to drop into coverage.

Don't worry about his contract yet.  Gute will slap a 2nd round transition tag on him and let the chips fall where they may.

In saluting those who foresaw Fackrell emerging in his third year, the former GM who drafted Fackrell is clearly a member of that group.

The former GM is also the individual responsible for paying the 80th and 99th rated edge players a combined $23M this season.

Ouch.

Just now, TheOnlyThing said:

The former GM is also the individual responsible for paying the 80th and 99th rated edge players a combined $23M this season.

And literally both of those deals were considered good deals when they were signed according to every other fanbase in the NFL.

And that GM provided a dead cap free release of Matthews, which would have made it 12 million paid to only one of them.

Which the current GM did not take advantage of. 

Nice try though.  Real solid attempt to throw shade at Thompson.  Didn't work, but it was a nice shot. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

And literally both of those deals were considered good deals when they were signed according to every other fanbase in the NFL.

And that GM provided a dead cap free release of Matthews, which would have made it 12 million paid to only one of them.

Which the current GM did not take advantage of. 

Nice try though.  Real solid attempt to throw shade at Thompson.  Didn't work, but it was a nice shot. 

I do wonder if Perry ever came back 'right' from his offseason surgery. He was having a good 2017 and then just tumbled off a cliff this season. Shutting him down and letting him get right might be the best long term play, especially since we're stuck with his contract for a while.

4 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

@AlexGreen#20 is he actually good or is this coincidental production? 

I'll post the 8 sacks tomorrow when the All-22 goes up for this week. People can decide for themselves.

I think it's a lot of both, he is playing much better. He's rushing with a plan, and looks quicker. The last two years, it looked like OTs were easily beating him to the corner. This year he's actually putting some pressure on them to drop quicker. He's started using his hands, which is what a guy with his athletic profile needs to be doing and something that young guys frequently struggle with. There's just generally less hesitation to his game and he's moving better. The game has "slowed down for him" so to speak. Confidence means a lot.

On the other hand, he's certainly not a stud. He's neither a quick twitch freak or a big power guy capable of pushing guys around. He'll win a few reps here and there, but he's not a star. He looks comfortably like an NFL player though. When decent NFL players start putting up big numbers, that's generally a sign that there is some coincidental production. 

I do like the length in this scheme though. His anchor isn't top of the line by any stretch, but you can make up for that a lot with length and quickness. 

On 11/17/2018 at 11:38 AM, Golfman said:

Yeah, you don't pay situational players 10 million a year. He's not an every down guy. He has played pretty well when we've moved him inside a few snaps. 

What 12 sack guy doesn’t get that though....if he gets 4 more

8 hours ago, fattlipp said:

What 12 sack guy doesn’t get that though....if he gets 4 more

And that's exactly why it was smart to let Corey Williams walk too. It's not smart to pay guys for stats they aren't able to manufacture on their own within scheme.

20 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I triple dog dare you to salute the guy who drafted him. 

Image result for ted thompson packers gif

2 hours ago, spilltray said:

And that's exactly why it was smart to let Corey Williams walk too. It's not smart to pay guys for stats they aren't able to manufacture on their own within scheme.

Corey Williams didn't really "walk". TT traded him to CLE for a 2nd rounder. 

Some of Fack's best plays aren't even his sacks.  Like when he batted Wilson's pass and tackled him for an eleven yard loss.

So go ahead and judge him on just his team leading 8 sacks.  Some of you will never appreciate him, he's a better player than most will admit (because they've been so vociferous in their condemnation that they can't back off).  He's still not starter level, but he's the best we have and he's producing.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/11/19/packers-kyler-fackrell-changing-perceptions-while-racking-up-sacks/2057708002/

1 minute ago, Dubz41 said:

Some of Fack's best plays aren't even his sacks.  Like when he batted Wilson's pass and tackled him for an eleven yard loss.

So go ahead and judge him on just his team leading 8 sacks.  Some of you will never appreciate him, he's a better player than most will admit (because they've been so vociferous in their condemnation that they can't back off).  He's still not starter level, but he's the best we have and he's producing.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/11/19/packers-kyler-fackrell-changing-perceptions-while-racking-up-sacks/2057708002/

I am very interested to see if he keeps developing. Is this peak Fackrell or is this just the beginning? Either way I couldn't be happier about eating my words on him. He has really turned his career around.

16 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I must say Gute made the right call keeping him over Biegel, and I was one of the people wanting Fackrell gone and Biegel to stay, glad I was wrong. He's come a long way from being thrown around like a ragdoll in his first 2 seasons.

So basically you were like everyone else? haha

Archived