The Kyler Fackrell Aplogy Thread

TheOnlyThing

On 11/19/2018 at 1:44 PM, Striker said:

I do wonder if Perry ever came back 'right' from his offseason surgery. He was having a good 2017 and then just tumbled off a cliff this season. Shutting him down and letting him get right might be the best long term play, especially since we're stuck with his contract for a while.

I heard on a pod a few weeks back (I think Locked on Packers) that one of the coaches said something about Perry not being right due to the injury. It makes me think they'll bring Perry back another season to see if he can right it

22 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

I heard on a pod a few weeks back (I think Locked on Packers) that one of the coaches said something about Perry not being right due to the injury. It makes me think they'll bring Perry back another season to see if he can right it

From a sheer numbers' perspective, it's hard to envision the Packers moving on from both Nick Perry and Clay Matthews in a single offseason.

On 11/19/2018 at 11:38 AM, CWood21 said:

I remember that one vividly.  LOVED the tools, and if you watched his game tape from freshman year specifically against USC you saw what would eventually become a first round pick.  Unfortunately, he tore his ACL I believe and then was used primarily as a coverage LBer in his later years at Utah State.

"He was a freshman my last year. You could tell then what he was gonna do.”

Bobby Wagner (when asked about Kyler Fackrell). 

15 hours ago, CWood21 said:

From a sheer numbers' perspective, it's hard to envision the Packers moving on from both Nick Perry and Clay Matthews in a single offseason.

I agree, but I could take Perry or leave him. Perry hasn’t been productive (our lowest graded edge) and reliable in awhile. Next year the squad has a lot of open cap space so if they wanted to take the dead money, it would make sense

51 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I agree, but I could take Perry or leave him. Perry hasn’t been productive (our lowest graded edge) and reliable in awhile. Next year the squad has a lot of open cap space so if they wanted to take the dead money, it would make sense

Right now, Clay is on pace for 757 snaps and Nick Perry is on pace for 483 snaps.  That's the most snaps that Clay has had since 2015 when he was over a 1000 snaps, which I believe when he was playing some ILB.  I believe 2014 was the last time he was playing 700+ snaps with majority of them at his natural OLB position.  If you get rid of the two of them, you have to replace those snaps.  Last year, Haason Reddick had 445 snaps, Derek Barnett had 424 snaps, Charles Harris had 497 snaps, and Takk McKinley had 400 snaps. So you're probably getting 400-500 snaps from a rookie pass rusher.  It has nothing to do with money.

On 11/22/2018 at 7:41 AM, CWood21 said:

Right now, Clay is on pace for 757 snaps and Nick Perry is on pace for 483 snaps.  That's the most snaps that Clay has had since 2015 when he was over a 1000 snaps, which I believe when he was playing some ILB.  I believe 2014 was the last time he was playing 700+ snaps with majority of them at his natural OLB position.  If you get rid of the two of them, you have to replace those snaps.  Last year, Haason Reddick had 445 snaps, Derek Barnett had 424 snaps, Charles Harris had 497 snaps, and Takk McKinley had 400 snaps. So you're probably getting 400-500 snaps from a rookie pass rusher.  It has nothing to do with money.

I think you overthought my response. I was trying to say, Perry hasn’t played close to his deal and hasnt really better than a replacement level player (grading lower than Gilbert, clay, fack). Next year they have 40m in cap if they wanted to eat a lot of dead money it would be a good year to before deals are up

• 1 month later...

I think the change of scheme significantly helped him. It did take him awhile to adjust to the new scheme, however. I remember being at the Week 1 game against the Bears and he looked kinda clueless out there early on, but improved over the course of the game. Obviously, that changed over the season.

Archived