Week 11 Post-Game: Packers 24 Seahawks 27

Packer_ESP

I will keep this tradition even if it's the last thing I do before quitting football

The Good

• Kyler Sackwell

The Bad

• Second half offense: 4 rushes in 5 drives. 3 points in 5 drives.
  • Injuries to the defense

The Ugly

• We've sinked 100 million into a QB that can't get along with our coach
  • Life in general right now

I stick with McCarthy the way the 8-1 best team in the NFC stuck with Payton, and I am 100% serious.

Send a message to Rodgers that he can't play poorly and get his way after being made the highest paid player in the NFL.  Tell him his legacy rests in McCarthy's hands and he'd better do what he has to in order to make what McCarthy wants to do work. 

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I stick with McCarthy the way the 8-1 best team in the NFC stuck with Payton, and I am 100% serious.

Send a message to Rodgers that he can't play poorly and get his way after being made the highest paid player in the NFL.  Tell him his legacy rests in McCarthy's hands and he'd better do what he has to in order to make what McCarthy wants to do work. 

Or just tell McCarthy thanks for the memories we're going to get a head coach who learns from his mistakes and has an offense that isn't stale like 3 month old bread. 

Just now, Leader said:

You do all know that MM is under contract for next year right?
Its not like GB has to do anything about him.

They can't bring him back, aside from them winning the remaining games by 20 pts each. Let's be serious here.

Just now, Leader said:

You do all know that MM is under contract for next year right?
Its not like GB has to do anything about him.

Yeah but you don't often see a team that's trying to contend just go into a season with a lame duck coach in his last year. Sherman had 1yr left on his deal when Thompson fired him fwiw. If, as I expect, GB misses the playoffs, I think Gute moves on and searches for HIS guy as the next HC.

I'm ready to move on from McCarthy as long as we keep Pettine.

Anybody hear what happened to Kenny Clark?  Losing him and Daniels kinda killed any chance we had to stop Seattle.  Wilson took advantage of our young CBs tonight.  It looks like we have something here with Fackrell.  

Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same things over and over and expect a different result?  Why does Mac abandon the run if it struggles in the slightest?  Why does he insist on these long developing pass patterns when we really don't need them?  A couple of the long ones tonight were fun but why do we make it so damn hard on ourselves??  Why in God's name did he not challenge that "catch" in the 4th?  That ball hit the ground and he and his guys in the booth had plenty of time to look it over.  Was he afraid to use his last time out?  Well, Mike, if your time management was better you wouldn't have to squander precious time outs because you can't get the plays in to Rodgers in a timely matter.

The only good thing about this entire situation is perhaps it will force Murphy and Gute to make a change before AR is 40 freaking years old.

Well, I like Tony Brown. He might not be the greatest - but he's a tough football player. He's in the face of every WR and wants to play them tough and tight. I like that attitude in a DB - especially a CB.

I'm not sure Josh Jackson has the man to man skills necessary in the NFL yet. Like just about everything else about his game - but a DB thats constatly trailing in coverage is one thats gonna get thrown on.

I'm glad Davis is back returning things. Least he gives us a shot at making something happen. Before him our ST play was dead.

Fackrell is playing well. Good for him. The guys taken enough $hit. Deserves some kudos for playing hard.

Some quick stats about the Green Bay Packers Offense tonight

First Half

• Drive 1: 1 pass, 2 run, TD
  • Drive 2: 3 pass, 1 run, Missed FG
  • Drive 3: 4 pass, 1 run, 1 scramble, TD
  • Drive 4: 2 pass, 1 run, Punt
  • Drive 5: 1 pass, 1 sack, 3 run, Punt
  • Drive 6: 5 pass, 0 run, TD
  • TOTAL: 17 pass plays, 7 run plays, 1 scramble, 21 points (should have been 24)

Second Half

• Drive 7: 5 pass, 2 run (one called back due to penalty), Punt
  • Drive 8: 1 pass, 1 sack, 1 run, Punt
  • Drive 9: 1 pass, 2 sack, 1 run, Punt
  • Drive 10: 4 pass, 1 sack, 1 run, FG
  • Drive 11: 3 pass, 0 run, Punt
  • TOTAL: 18 pass plays, 4 run plays, 3 points Worth noting runs were 2 yards, no gain, 7 yards, 4 yards (18 yards for the one that was called back)

It's not so much the run balance in the second half (though we should have ran it more since we were ahead most of the time), it's the execution. I admittedly don't know if those sacks are on the OL or on Aaron but at the very least I'd say they're somewhat out of sync with Aaron - they used to be able to dance together back there way more than they're doing it now, though AR tends to bail way too early sometimes.

Just now, Pugger said:

I'm ready to move on from McCarthy as long as we keep Pettine.

Anybody hear what happened to Kenny Clark?  Losing him and Daniels kinda killed any chance we had to stop Seattle.  Wilson took advantage of our young CBs tonight.  It looks like we have something here with Fackrell.  

Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same things over and over and expect a different result?  Why does Mac abandon the run if it struggles in the slightest?  Why does he insist on these long developing pass patterns when we really don't need them?  A couple of the long ones tonight were fun but why do we make it so damn hard on ourselves??  Why in God's name did he not challenge that "catch" in the 4th?  That ball hit the ground and he and his guys in the booth had plenty of time to look it over.  Was he afraid to use his last time out?  Well, Mike, if your time management was better you wouldn't have to squander precious time outs because you can't get the plays in to Rodgers in a timely matter.

The only good thing about this entire situation is perhaps it will force Murphy and Gute to make a change before AR is 40 freaking years old.

Clark was in the game on the last drive. We didn't lose him for longer than a play.

I went into this game expecting a loss.  Thursday night, in a tough stadium to play in, with several guys out for the game...just seemed like a tall order.  But good grief the way we lose makes it beyond frustrating.  Reffing always seems questionable in Seattle too....but we continue to shoot ourselves in the foot. 

Archived