Week 11 Post-Game: Packers 24 Seahawks 27

Packer_ESP

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Clark was in the game on the last drive. We didn't lose him for longer than a play.

Oh, okay.  Good.  We can't afford to lose him.  Let's hope Daniels' injury isn't serious and he is back in 10 days.

It's just not as black and white and MM or Rodgers. Both are being stubborn right now. These guys better start playing like they did in 2007 with Favre when it was dink and dunk with all the youth they have. Then just say **** it, and go for it on some fourth downs. Even run on them to be crazy. MM has not lost the team. These guys have been competitive. The playoffs are still realistic. It's a long week to get ready for Minny and the run that has to happen. I think 1265 Lombardi ave needs to bust out the sage until we hear "This house is clean"... Then MM and AR need to spend a lot of time with a mirror and figure out why they can't put this crap to the side. 

Offense sucked second half but to my eye, Rodgers' accuracy has been improving since the bye week (the last series was tough to watch though). Once we get the all 22, I'll be interested to see what the people with access to it have to say about his reads. This is a frustrating offense to watch right now, though. 3rd downs just kill us. Missed challenge and the DPI no-call hurt a lot, but you just can't expect to win many games when you only score 3 in the second half.

2 minutes ago, Howler said:

His teams simply can't close. It's been going on for years. 

And how do you not challenge that 30 yard play (incompletion) late in the game?  Who cares if you only have one timeout let .. you must challenge that.  McCarthy can't figure out if he wants to be bold or conservative from week to week.  It's just time for change there. 

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

And how do you not challenge that 30 yard play (incompletion) late in the game?  Who cares if you only have one timeout let .. you must challenge that.  McCarthy can't figure out if he wants to be bold or conservative from week to week.  It's just time for change there. 

Yeah it's really strange. 3rd downs week in and week out we go deep downfield and run deep routes. Yet when it comes to being aggressive on 4th down with the game on the line he punts it. I believe Mac has likely forgotten more about football then I have or could ever learn, but things like this are his undoing. I believe most of AR's issues in the recent years are partly a result of MM and what AR's been able to cover for him. Mac believes in AR so much and his playcalling that he's ok with long developing plays on 3rd cause he knows AR can make the plays. And he has and can, but that's caused AR to hold the ball way to long and created this stupid monster.

With the talent on this team currently minus the injuries there is no reason we shouldn't be right in the mix for the Division. The Rams, Pats and yesterdays game were winnable and with one of the best throwers of the ball we should be walking in to these guys houses and winning. Yep the Rooks will make mistakes but when the coach and QB out mistake everyone else it's a ticket to the golf course come Jan.

Good thing I have a remote control that is a padded football, because I chucked that thing pretty good, twice, last night.

Each time was a third down in which the check down was wide open, no one around, for easy first downs.  And Rodgers just held onto the ball and took a deep shot.

It is ridiculous.  Almost comical now.

Defense played pretty good, but once Daniels went down, the run defense became a liability.  Gotta address that this off-season...draft/free agency.

I grew very tired of watching ESB this game.  Another dumb penalty, another poorly read route (on third down, which was another bad #12 pass).  He made a great play, but had many poor plays.  Such is the life when you have to start two rookie WR's who were taken later in the draft.  Despite having plus athletic abilities, neither ESB nor MVS is really "there" in the offense yet.

I could rant even more, but it is what it is.  Win and the season looks promising.  But we lost and now the dagger is perilously close to heart.

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Good thing I have a remote control that is a padded football, because I chucked that thing pretty good, twice, last night.

Each time was a third down in which the check down was wide open, no one around, for easy first downs.  And Rodgers just held onto the ball and took a deep shot.

It is ridiculous.  Almost comical now.

Defense played pretty good, but once Daniels went down, the run defense became a liability.  Gotta address that this off-season...draft/free agency.

I grew very tired of watching ESB this game.  Another dumb penalty, another poorly read route (on third down, which was another bad #12 pass).  He made a great play, but had many poor plays.  Such is the life when you have to start two rookie WR's who were taken later in the draft.  Despite having plus athletic abilities, neither ESB nor MVS is really "there" in the offense yet.

I could rant even more, but it is what it is.  Win and the season looks promising.  But we lost and now the dagger is perilously close to heart.

if AR targets AJ 5 more times in that game, i think the Packers win. 

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yeah, don't understand why you wouldn't.....This and not going for it on 4th down late in the game....Pete Carroll said he was relieved McCarthy didn't go for it....Gave his offense the chance to run the clock out.....

Just now, gopackgo247 said:

if AR targets AJ 5 more times in that game, i think the Packers win. 

I can think of two times, top of my head, when AJ was wide open for first downs on third and 5 or less when Rodgers chucked it deep and missed.  Those two would have extended drives.

Couple other times, he did check it down, but he did it on the move and the defense was coming up at him and limited the throws to a yard or two.  

Just now, vegas492 said:

I can think of two times, top of my head, when AJ was wide open for first downs on third and 5 or less when Rodgers chucked it deep and missed.  Those two would have extended drives.

Couple other times, he did check it down, but he did it on the move and the defense was coming up at him and limited the throws to a yard or two.  

The most glaring instance was after DA caught that 50 yard bomb, then they end up in a 3rd down situation where AJ is literally wide open, not a defender within 10 yards of him. Jones wouldve walked in, instead Rodgers takes a crushing sack. 

Archived