You Are In Control. Who Replaces McCarthy?

MacReady

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Trade McCarthy for Belichick straight up after Brady retires this year.  Give Belichick 5 years with Rodgers.  Win 5 Super Bowls.  All the praise goes from Brady to Rodgers, Belichick overlooked as greatest head coach of all time. 

He's already this.

I just want to see what another coach does with this team. You can keep trying out McCarthy and have him be Marvin Lewis 2.0, but we're not gonna see much different results every year we keep him.

I just want a new voice, a new philosophy, a new scheme, and see if that brings back Rodgers to form, perhaps even make him even more effective than he can be or ever was. Honestly I think it's a risk they should be willing to take. It takes 2 to tango, obviously Rodgers and McCarthy aren't tangoing like they used to.

In the offseasons, trade Rodgers for Mayfield and something.

Rodgers will never listen.  He will always make the impossible throws, but he will more frequently screw up the offense by going for the spectacular and failing when we need 2 freaking yards.

McCarthy and Mayfield - possibly anybody - will be better than an I'm going to do what I want Rodgers - and he will - and anybody, including Belicheck.

Rodgers makes too much and apparently has too big an ego; nobody will be able to coach him.

It sucks. But, I'd prefer to get rid of Rodgers.

37 minutes ago, Pugger said:

AR might be playing within the scheme and that might be the main problem!

I’m pretty sure the current scheme has checkdowns...that are constantly overlooked.  This isn’t all on Mac, despite what some folks might want to believe.

49 minutes ago, Keg Man said:

In the offseasons, trade Rodgers for Mayfield and something.

Rodgers will never listen.  He will always make the impossible throws, but he will more frequently screw up the offense by going for the spectacular and failing when we need 2 freaking yards.

McCarthy and Mayfield - possibly anybody - will be better than an I'm going to do what I want Rodgers - and he will - and anybody, including Belicheck.

Rodgers makes too much and apparently has too big an ego; nobody will be able to coach him.

It sucks. But, I'd prefer to get rid of Rodgers.

Yes, let's get rid of a sure fire first ballot HOF QB.  He's a bum and and a has been so instead let's keep the HC who is a terrible game manager and stubborn as a mule who won't change his scheme to fit his players.  That'll do the trick for sure.

AR isn't Godgers this year but IMO he's better than every other QB in the league not named Tom Brady or Drew Brees.

46 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I’m pretty sure the current scheme has checkdowns...that are constantly overlooked.  This isn’t all on Mac, despite what some folks might want to believe.

It isn't all on Mac but why can't/won't Mac get Rodgers to stop overlooking the checkdowns?  Mac won't do anything during the games but you'd think he'd address this issue during the week if he wanted AR to change his ways...unless AR is this egomaniac some are suggesting around here.

Archived