You Are In Control. Who Replaces McCarthy?

MacReady

44 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He failed in Denver because he's insane and incapable of having any kind of authority without going wild and needing to have his ego stroked off every day. 

Rodgers and McDaniels would kill each other on the 3rd day of OTAs. 

Also why the hell are people looking for a ****** like McDaniels?

Rodgers might not kill him, but the rest of the team and coaching staff probably would.

41 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He failed in Denver because he's insane and incapable of having any kind of authority without going wild and needing to have his ego stroked off every day. 

Rodgers and McDaniels would kill each other on the 3rd day of OTAs. 

Also why the hell are people looking for a ****** like McDaniels?

He was given too much control at 32. People learn from their mistakes. The fact is he is an offensive guru which is what we need, and we also need a guy who isn’t afraid to push AR either

I nominate myself. I just looked at a list of NFL head coach salaries, it was a couple of years old, but the lowest salary was 3.5 million.  I will do the job for 2 million.  Aaron won't listen to me either, he shouldn't.  I will lose the locker room, and be a jerk in press conferences.  I will also be completely clueless as to how to run and NFL team.  But the team will undoubtedly get a top 5 pick to work with, I will get fired after my first season, and I will get 2 million dollars.  Sounds like a winner to me.

4 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

He was given too much control at 32. People learn from their mistakes. The fact is he is an offensive guru which is what we need, and we also need a guy who isn’t afraid to push AR either

It wasn't totally about control.  It was about behavior.  He made everyone in that organization hate him.  He does not have the people skills or the personal insight into his own behavior to be able to lead a team.

I don't know much about his decision to back out of the Indy job, but from what people in the Denver organization told me after McDaniels was fired, it didn't surprise me that he would pull a bone headed move like that.

59 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I’d go with Josh McDaniels. He knows offense as well as anyone , knows what good cultures are like, amd how to work with egos. He failed in Denver when he had too much responsibility, which I don’t think would happen here with our personnel structure. 

I didn't think I'd ever see McDaniels and good cultures in the same sentence.  He literally took Denver back to square one with how badly he pissed off his players, he quit on the Rams so he could coach the Patriots in the playoffs, and he quit on the Colts not even a day after taking the job.

8 hours ago, Jaire_Island said:

We can have Bruce Arians as HC and keep Mike Pettine as DC.

I think that might work.  Arians is old, but he might be able to work well with Rodgers over the next few seasons.  He's a great offensive mind.  The Arians/Pettine/Rodgers team might just work.  Arians is the type of coach that should be able to earn Aaron's respect almost immediately.

I like the idea of DeFilippo/Pettine, but does DeFilippo have the kind of personality to command a room and reign in Rodgers.  I don't know a lot about him.  

10 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

Please no Coaches from the Billi Bellichick tree please...

He's not an offensive coach. Several DCs from that tree have been successful elsewhere.  The #1 defense in the league has a former NE defensive coordinator.   The best college coach of all time was a DC under Bill B.

34 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

What about that offense is a guru? He runs Charlie Weiss' offense. When he comes nothing changes with that O, when he leaves, nothing changes. Brady runs that offense.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

What about that offense is a guru? He runs Charlie Weiss' offense. When he comes nothing changes with that O, when he leaves, nothing changes. Brady runs that offense.

He runs Bill Belichick's offense.

Belichick is not just a defensive coach.  He has the most complete football knowledge of anybody in this generation, on both sides of the ball.  That is why when you see video of Brady talking game plan for the coming week it is always he and Belichick.  Not anybody else.

As I am sure you know, Belichick's father wrote what was considered the bible of scouting, so Belichick has been breaking plays down in detail since he was very young.

McDaniels is nothing but a tool that Belichick uses.

Archived