You Are In Control. Who Replaces McCarthy?

MacReady

On 12/1/2018 at 10:57 AM, Outpost31 said:

Mark Murphy not sounding like he's ready to fire McCarthy, and I love it:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/01/packers-ceo-im-not-ready-to-give-up-on-the-season/

On 12/1/2018 at 11:04 AM, incognito_man said:

^yup

My sources have all stated pretty clearly that the media articles are being fueled by a select few who really aren't in the know and laughed at the idea that MM is a goner right now.

On 12/1/2018 at 12:47 PM, Mr Anonymous said:

Lol. And what are you going to say when McCarthy is canned in one month's time? I suppose you'll say it was what took place in December. I can't wait until they finish strong, go 8-7-1, and he still gets shown the door.

On 12/1/2018 at 1:04 PM, Outpost31 said:

I'll say I was wrong, which is what I am the first to do every time I am wrong.  Unlike some anonymous people who don't ever fess up to being wrong. 

Yep, I'll say I was wrong.  Just like I did when Thompson was demoted.  Just like I did when Clay Matthews didn't return to a good pass rusher this year.  Just like I did when the Saints didn't implode like I thought they would. 

I have no problem admitting I was wrong just like I have no problem admitting when I'm right.  I'm above .500 on my predictions, but nobody is perfect, and I freely acknowledge that, in spite of the reputation I have here, and searches through threads on topics I have a strong opinion on can prove that.

It's just too bad we can't see your updated opinion on how it was a colossal failure and a turning point in the Packers history that they didn't draft the below average inside linebacker Tremaine Edmunds instead of the pro bowl caliber cornerback. 

Lol. 

On 12/1/2018 at 2:23 PM, squire12 said:

Murphys comments could be similar to a GM giving the HC a vote of confidence amid a losing season.  Those can often be hallow words that when the season ends, the coach gets the boot.

A few interesting quotes from recent days

Hopefully Murphy does a better job hiring the new head coach than he did recognizing Ted Thompson was declining.  In large part, Thompson contributed to McCarthy's firing due to  woefully inadequate drafts his last 3 years on the job and shying away from free agency to fill holes when those picks failed.  Pretty hard to coach rookies and street free agents when starters go down or draft choices don't pan out.  Murphy had better do better than McCarthy with his new choice ... Packer Nation is watching. 

9 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Hopefully Murphy does a better job hiring the new head coach than he did recognizing Ted Thompson was declining.  In large part, Thompson contributed to McCarthy's firing due to  woefully inadequate drafts his last 3 years on the job and shying away from free agency to fill holes when those picks failed.  Pretty hard to coach rookies and street free agents when starters go down or draft choices don't pan out.  Murphy had better do better than McCarthy with his new choice ... Packer Nation is watching. 

So the President hires the coach now? I hope that's not the case.

24 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

There is a lot of blame to go around. The point is there are enough sins of McCarthey to fire him (stale O, keeping Capers too long, Sloccum too long for example)

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

The outline was pretty clear - why is it so hard for fans to digest it ?

I really believe that the 'silo scenario' was created to appease MM. Now that he is gone I'm hoping Murphy removes his head from his rectum and realigns the power structure to one that is more consistent with the RW/TT structure.

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

I really believe that the 'silo scenario' was created to appease MM. Now that he is gone I'm hoping Murphy removes his head from his rectum and realigns the power structure to one that is more consistent with the RW/TT structure.

He seemed pretty convinced as he cited Pittsburgh and others that have the same structure. Doesn't matter as Gute and Murphy will decide together with Murphy probably making the official announcement. Same with the firing of MM. It was discussed with Gute. It just irks me when "fans" still don't know what the structure is, yet offer their "expert" opinions. Like the dude who knew all about the effects of Rodgers injury but then admitted he didn't really know how to throw a football.

Archived