You Are In Control. Who Replaces McCarthy?

MacReady

Back on topic...

Relative to job openings others expect to potentially be open (ATL, CLE, BAL, CIN, HOU, MIA, DEN, DAL, WAS), how attractive is the GB job?

I think most on this board believe the prospective HC class is not deep... so it’s imperative that they get first bite at the apple.  But which teams do we need to worry about losing top talent to?

6 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

Relative to job openings others expect to potentially be open (ATL, CLE, BAL, CIN, HOU, MIA, DEN, DAL, WAS), how attractive is the GB job?

I think most on this board believe the prospective HC class is not deep... so it’s imperative that they get first bite at the apple.  But which teams do we need to worry about losing top talent to?

I'm skeptical that some of the teams on the list will have HC openings, but even so, I can't imagine any of them other than maybe CLE or potentially WAS looking more attractive than we are.

44 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This is somewhat more fair. 

I still think it's just downright wrong to call him "unwell" because we truly have no idea.

And it absolutely perpetuates the mouth-breathers agenda, whether it's your intention or not.

I've watched two parents go through dementia. I've watched TT since he was first hired by Green Bay. I'm not a doctor, but the changes I observed in TT towards the end of his GM career  greatly resembled what I saw with my parents when they started dementia. There was a reason he was eased out. It may or may not be dementia, but health issues are nothing to be ashamed of. They happen to all of us. It's just part of the human condition. The Packers did what was best for the organization and what was best for TT while treating him with the respect he earned as GM. 

19 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I've watched two parents go through dementia. I've watched TT since he was first hired by Green Bay. I'm not a doctor, but the changes I observed in TT towards the end of his GM career  greatly resembled what I saw with my parents when they started dementia. There was a reason he was eased out. It may or may not be dementia, but health issues are nothing to be ashamed of. They happen to all of us. It's just part of the human condition. The Packers did what was best for the organization and what was best for TT while treating him with the respect he earned as GM. 

I've been around it plenty, myself.

And it would be sad if TT had a degenerative disease. And I wouldn't be surprised if he did at some point. It's not uncommon.

But we've also been hearing this used as an insult for TT for YEARS. Without any reason other than his normal, slow speech style and sorta goofy look.

Yes it's not something to be ashamed of, but I still think it's wildly uncouth to diagnose someone you've never met from a position of zero scientific background in the field.

What about Dave Dickenson and Rick Campbell of the the CFL as options? What do you guys think of Darrell Bevell for OC if we go with someone like Dave Toub as HC and keep Pettine on as DC? Did good with Favre with Vikings and was the reason Seattle draft Russell Wilson, also top 5 finishes in rushing.

8 minutes ago, NathanDonald13 said:

What about Dave Dickenson and Rick Campbell of the the CFL as options? What do you guys think of Darrell Bevell for OC if we go with someone like Dave Toub as HC and keep Pettine on as DC? Did good with Favre with Vikings and was the reason Seattle draft Russell Wilson, also top 5 finishes in rushing.

Darrell bevell???? Mr. Throw from the 1 with Marshawn lunch?

I don’t know if i can think of anyone lower on my list of OC candidates.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I've been around it plenty, myself.

And it would be sad if TT had a degenerative disease. And I wouldn't be surprised if he did at some point. It's not uncommon.

But we've also been hearing this used as an insult for TT for YEARS. Without any reason other than his normal, slow speech style and sorta goofy look.

Yes it's not something to be ashamed of, but I still think it's wildly uncouth to diagnose someone you've never met from a position of zero scientific background in the field.

I really couldn't care less what you think.

40 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

This is fantastic.

Makes me want to keep Mac even more. 

****. Give Rodgers a spanking from the FO if he needs it, load up this team and let Mac get a couple more rings for this franchise.

The more I think about it, the more I understand it would be a bad decision to move on.

6 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Zimmer, the guy who's really never won a playoff game?

We want Zimmer right where he is....in Minnesota.

Look closer at his record, he has an unbelievable stretch of facing rookie and/or second string QBs.

Only playoff victory was because of a 'Bostick' type mistake by a N.O. defensive back.  He followed that up with having his *** handed to him by the Eagles.

His alleged #1 defense feasted on rookie Trubisky  and backup Hundley for 25% of their season.  Over rated.

If the draft was held today...the Packers would be picking 11th.  One pick before the Browns.  Yes, the Browns of Cleveland.  The Cleveland Browns.  Worst franchise over the past 20 years.  Who have 5 total wins in the past 3 seasons.

With Rodgers at QB, that is never acceptable.  

This is not a new take, but it reinforces that we as fans don’t always know or see the battlefield or the chess pieces as they are moved.  I’ve been thinking for a while that Mac is getting a bum wrap, and I’m entirely ok with keeping him if Gute can get to work, and if Rodgers stops buying into his own hype and humbles himself to his mortality.

Just because it is my position that McCarthy should not be kept after this season does not mean that I (or many others who feel the same way) think Rodgers should be excused from shouldering a lot of the blame. Mac loyalists continue making it into this dichotomy, and it's a false one.

Still there exist lots of issues with his coaching outside of the passing game: questionable and/or cowardly play-calling, general lack of discipline or preparedness leading to dumb penalties, sticking with bad coaches like Ron Zook, inexplicable tendency to abandon what is working well in-game, neglecting to use some good players for the useful skills they bring to the table (e.g. Marcedes Lewis), players sounding demoralized (Cobb: "this year feels different") and playing uninspired football (what some would call having "lost the locker room"), etc.

It's a lot worse than just "if Rodgers would just take what the defense gives him!!!" and that refrain quite frankly displays the sort of complacency we have had around all these other issues for all too long just because elite play from the QB has tended to minimize their effects. And I think there is more wrong with the passing game than Rodgers just not doing the right things.

"It has somehow become heretical to say anything critical of [Rodgers]." (Translation: I got into an argument with morons on Twitter, and am now butthurt and wrongly believe that those people's views are the consensus).

Archived