Could Patricia/Wilks be one and done coaches?

Elky

3 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

I also love how you have completely avoided the fact that you have made a hypocritical statement and that when it was pointed out to you, you claimed to have never even said it. 

I decided not to waste more time with your false claims. It became quite clear the sort of integrity you have when you actually tried to claim that you meant "dribble." Go ahead and have your last word. I'm sure people are tired of this back and forth.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I decided not to waste more time with your false claims. It became quite clear the sort of integrity you have when you actually tried to claim that you meant "dribble." Go ahead and have your last word. I'm sure people are tired of this back and forth.

False claims? I even quoted you doing it and you want to speak of integrity?? Then you want to somehow claim that I somehow contradicted myself when I made almost the exact same statement. 

You have got to be kidding me. 

@jrry32 I agree with a lot of what you said, but we’ll agree to disagree on the obvious. 

I do think a lot of his wounds are self inflicted. If he didn’t treat the media like BB, they probably wouldn’t be all over him for this like how the Indy media isn’t with Reich.

9 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

@jrry32 I agree with a lot of what you said, but we’ll agree to disagree on the obvious. 

I do think a lot of his wounds are self inflicted. If he didn’t treat the media like BB, they probably wouldn’t be all over him for this like how the Indy media isn’t with Reich.

I agree. Belichick can do what he wants because of whom he is. Patricia hasn't earned that. If the Lions go out and win next year, he'll get more leeway, but it's difficult to be a hard arse when your team isn't winning. It's why I'd be reluctant to hire that type of coach if I were a GM. That's not to say I wouldn't do it. Patricia definitely earned a promotion. But it's always a risky hire because the players wield so much power in the NFL. It's why Nick Saban didn't work well in the pros. 

Dudes....just agree to disagree.  I've been guilty of this myself....but at some point, when it's 3-4 pages....there's a point of no return where new info/points aren't coming into the argument, that was probably about 2 pages ago.  A forum needs disagreement to really grow and learn...but we're on to page 5 since it started.   That's a little much. 

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Dudes....just agree to disagree.  I've been guilty of this myself....but at some point, when it's 3-4 pages....there's a point of no return where new info/points aren't coming into the argument, that was probably about 2 pages ago.  A forum needs disagreement to really grow and learn...but we're on to page 5 since it started.   That's a little much. 

It's done, bro. 

Matty P tenure couldn’t have gone worse to this point on and off the field. Detroit was an 8-8/9-7 team year in year out recently and needed a new voice to put them over the top. He went to hard trying to change everything up and be Bill. I think he’s losing respect in that locker room. I could see him being fired.

Wilkes I’m not sure bad move hiring McCoy but HE hired McCoy he shouldn’t get a complete pass for this. Rosen has flashed at times but I don’t know what they are trying to do I don’t know what their identity is I could also see him being fired but I could also see this season just sorta being written off and he’s kept. 

With Patricia, I do somewhat understand what hes doing.  The Lions have had a glaring problem for decades.  They're soft.  This has been the case for far too long.  People can talk about Slay being an all pro, but that's not this year.  When I watch Slay on tape it pretty clear to me hes out there freelancing and is sacrificing his teammates to do it.  They dont have fight.  They get down big and they give up.  Yeah there is going to be turnover on the roster in order to be remade in the coaches image, but the media hated Patricia before the "posture" issue.  It's going to be hard for the FO to keep him with the media so clearly hating him.

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

With Patricia, I do somewhat understand what hes doing.  The Lions have had a glaring problem for decades.  They're soft.  This has been the case for far too long.  People can talk about Slay being an all pro, but that's not this year.  When I watch Slay on tape it pretty clear to me hes out there freelancing and is sacrificing his teammates to do it.  They dont have fight.  They get down big and they give up.  Yeah there is going to be turnover on the roster in order to be remade in the coaches image, but the media hated Patricia before the "posture" issue.  It's going to be hard for the FO to keep him with the media so clearly hating him.

They don’t even have to get down big before a chunk of them gives up. Against Seattle, most of the team was completely deflated after Abdullah fumbled that return early in the game. Tate got smacked hard by Wagner early and seemingly went through the motions the rest of that game. 

Something needs to be done differently and a fire needs to be lit under their *****. Was practicing in the snow the right solution? Who knows but at least he’s trying something. 

The Lions are a team with enough pieces to play with just about anybody on Sundays. The problem is and has been that they lack the fortitude to play consistently and to keep up the pace.

IMO the games against NE and Miami were the best overall games I’ve seen the Lions play since 2011. They weren’t fluky games either where they got several turnovers or massive plays, defense returns for TDs etc etc. it was good overall football for 4 quarters. I don’t recall a time that I’ve witnessed that from them in quite some time. 

Archived