This is our Moment

G08

I'm so proud of this team, here we are 8-3, on the verge of locking up the division.  We have the Giants OL having to deal with Mack and Co.  And we are 2 weeks away from getting a chance to put the whole league on notice that defense still wins championships.  Nobody but.a few of us expected this team to come.out and compete this year, and they arent just competing, they are dominating.  We are 1 of 2 teams with a top 5 offense and defense.  The Bears have done that 2 times in my.lifetime, 85 and 06.  Get hyped boys.  It's all gravy from here on out.  Enjoy the ride and as Rammy likes to say, Stand up.

Bear down baby

On 11/20/2018 at 1:35 AM, Sugashane said:

Rodgers. 

Why hasn't he won more? Thompson's stubbornness and McCarthy's ineptitude.  

You're totally wrong there.

It's been McCarthy's stubbornness and Thompson's ineptitude. 

On 11/23/2018 at 6:04 AM, Superman(DH23) said:

I'm so proud of this team, here we are 8-3, on the verge of locking up the division.  We have the Giants OL having to deal with Mack and Co.  And we are 2 weeks away from getting a chance to put the whole league on notice that defense still wins championships.  Nobody but.a few of us expected this team to come.out and compete this year, and they arent just competing, they are dominating.  We are 1 of 2 teams with a top 5 offense and defense.  The Bears have done that 2 times in my.lifetime, 85 and 06.  Get hyped boys.  It's all gravy from here on out.  Enjoy the ride and as Rammy likes to say, Stand up.

Bear down baby

Pretty much agree with all of that. I'm terrified the Giants are a trap game, though. 

31 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

You're totally wrong there.

It's been McCarthy's stubbornness and Thompson's ineptitude. 

Thompson's stubborness in that he refused to utilize FA and forced his draft picks to compensate. He could be called inept, but if he could have drafted worth a damn he could have made it work with the key pieces and OL they assembled. 

McCarthy hasn't been able to manage the clock and if not for Rodgers being Rodgers, would have been lucky to be offered a 2nd contract. He is routinely out coached. If Reid was in GB after leaving Philly we would have been royally effed for a few years. 

59 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

McCarthy hasn't been able to manage the clock and if not for Rodgers being Rodgers, would have been lucky to be offered a 2nd contract. He is routinely out coached. If Reid was in GB after leaving Philly we would have been royally effed for a few years. 

McCarthy certainly cost them a win in the Vikings game. 

The Bears have their coach.

This team was 19-45 in the previous 4 years and they had lost more games in that time than everyone except the Browns. They were the 2nd worse team in the league over that stretch.

The culture was bad under Trestman and it was indifferent and sloppy under Fox.

Nagy has come in here and changed everything. The culture and energy of the team is 100% different. The confidence and credibility of the team is 100% different. The preparation and execution is 100% different.

After allowing Lovie to stay too long and then making 2 horrible hires, the Bears have emerged from the coaching wilderness.

10 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I don't think Fox was a horrible hire. It simply didn't work out. 

Last season was a waste of everyone's time.  They should have had their new coach and been developing Trubisky from day one.  

Our 2nd pick of draft got almost zero spring and training camp reps or coaching attention and then was thrown in to games mid season to hand the ball off twice and throw on 3rd and 10.

It was a joke.  

From Fox point of view he has to be pissed.  They gave him no talent and then said he was coaching for his job.  

Then next year they go on biggest spending spree in team history.  

3 hours ago, WindyCity said:

The Bears have their coach.

This team was 19-45 in the previous 4 years and they had lost more games in that time than everyone except the Browns. They were the 2nd worse team in the league over that stretch.

The culture was bad under Trestman and it was indifferent and sloppy under Fox.

Nagy has come in here and changed everything. The culture and energy of the team is 100% different. The confidence and credibility of the team is 100% different. The preparation and execution is 100% different.

After allowing Lovie to stay too long and then making 2 horrible hires, the Bears have emerged from the coaching wilderness.

For first time in my life Bears as an org. were forward thinking and in on latest trends. 

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

Last season was a waste of everyone's time.  They should have had their new coach and been developing Trubisky from day one.  

Our 2nd pick of draft got almost zero spring and training camp reps or coaching attention and then was thrown in to games mid season to hand the ball off twice and throw on 3rd and 10.

It was a joke.  

From Fox point of view he has to be pissed.  They gave him no talent and then said he was coaching for his job.  

It's a really complicated deal. I'd imagine Fox was always viewed as a likely place holder with a chance to stick, and the plan was to have Glennon be average enough to have Trubisky sit all, or most, of the year. Sometimes even calculated risks don't pay off, though. And if the Bears had shown more of a spark under Fox, there's at least a chance he'd still be their coach (although, I'd imagine, with a different OC)...

6 hours ago, dll2000 said:

First I agree with 100%

But I think the Bears tried to add some talent but people didn't want to sign under Fox. They knew he was a lame duck, the ordeal with Jeffery was very public and hurt the Bears image, them shipping out Marshall and Bennett withoit a real replacement made Fox seem like he couldnt handle strong personalities (fair or not), the QB was Glennon predraft, Fangio was known to be looking at the GB job, etc. There were no selling points.

With a new HC like Nagy who had recent success in any fashion you automatically had a major selling point over the Fox-led 2017 off-season. We have been in contention for several big signings but people sometimes took less money (from what I have read at least) to go elsewhere. Fox had a crap culture and for all the leadership talk there was none coming from him personally.  

15 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

Retaining Fox for last season was an obvious mistake. If Pace knew he wanted to draft a QB, he should have brought on an offensive-minded coach at the same time. Trubisky's rookie year was essentially wasted.

Meh mistake or not, we likely wouldnt have got Khalil Mack, Roquan Smith and James Daniels if Bears ended pulling a 2018 offseason a year earlier.  I'm cool with it.

On 11/24/2018 at 2:25 PM, Heinz D. said:

I don't think Fox was a horrible hire. It simply didn't work out. 

Fox was hired to bring some old school discipline to the chaos that Trestman created.

Problem was, Fox coached old 20 years ago. The old school he brought was teaching the guys how to treat their leather helmets correctly.

Archived