This is our Moment

G08

29 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Now in order to do that, everybody has to be at their bests, offense, defense, and specials.  I think we'll know pretty early in the game if that is what we are getting 

Bingo. That's the thing that I have zero idea about since this is such a new team offensively. Defense is going to battle, I expect that. Offense... I have a feeling man, if they can protect 10, he's going to put on a show.

32 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

True. MM would have been a 3 year, losing record burn out with a normal QB. Rodgers made him a damn rich man.

I don't get all the McCarthy hate.  The guy is a SB winning coach and has had lots of success.  Sure he's made some questionable decisions, just like all other coaches tend to do at times, but if Rodgers is really as good as everyone thinks and says he is then he would be able to mask a lot more of these issues the Pack seem to be having.

Coaching is definitely a huge part of the game, but the players need to be held accountable too.  Ya Rodgers is still a very good QB, but he's simply not the same player he was before, or he's playing injured, but something is off, and I don't think it's suddenly just because McCarthy has lost his ability to coach.  The talent in GB is also not as good as it used to be.

To be honest I would be happy if the Packers fired MM.  He has been a pain for the Bears for his entire tenure as head coach.  A lot of that has to do with ARod too but let's not forget that he has been playing in McCarthy's system ever since he was drafted.

46 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I don't get all the McCarthy hate.  The guy is a SB winning coach and has had lots of success.  Sure he's made some questionable decisions, just like all other coaches tend to do at times, but if Rodgers is really as good as everyone thinks and says he is then he would be able to mask a lot more of these issues the Pack seem to be having.

Coaching is definitely a huge part of the game, but the players need to be held accountable too.  Ya Rodgers is still a very good QB, but he's simply not the same player he was before, or he's playing injured, but something is off, and I don't think it's suddenly just because McCarthy has lost his ability to coach.  The talent in GB is also not as good as it used to be.

To be honest I would be happy if the Packers fired MM.  He has been a pain for the Bears for his entire tenure as head coach.  A lot of that has to do with ARod too but let's not forget that he has been playing in McCarthy's system ever since he was drafted.

1. He routinely screws up game management moments.

2. His offense is archaic and so painfully simple in an era of innovation.

3. He has had one of the top 3 QBs ever and has won 1 Super Bowl and has not been nearly as competitive as he should have been.

25 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

1. He routinely screws up game management moments.

2. His offense is archaic and so painfully simple in an era of innovation.

3. He has had one of the top 3 QBs ever and has won 1 Super Bowl and has not been nearly as competitive as he should have been.

So either MM gets credit for the 1 SB win or Rodgers does, which is it?  If you're saying Rodgers is the only reason he has 1 Superbowl then why hasn't Rodgers won more?  Also, 1 Superbowl is still better than no Superbowls.  See most active coaches in the NFL.

Peyton Manning was one of the best ever too and he only won 2 SB's, the latter one being late in his career where he basically chose where he wanted to play after being released by the Colts.

This just shows you how hard it is to win a SB in today's era, unless we're talking about BB and Brady. 

Like I said I'll be happy if the Packers decided to split up the McCarthy-Rodgers marriage.  It might not be such a smooth transition for him and the rest of that team.

This game was everything that I wanted it to be, save for Mitch Trubisky having a lights out day. Still, the kid made big plays with his arm and feet when we needed it. Heal up and let's go kick Detroit's *** on Thanksgiving!

54 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

So either MM gets credit for the 1 SB win or Rodgers does, which is it?  If you're saying Rodgers is the only reason he has 1 Superbowl then why hasn't Rodgers won more?  Also, 1 Superbowl is still better than no Superbowls.  See most active coaches in the NFL.

Peyton Manning was one of the best ever too and he only won 2 SB's, the latter one being late in his career where he basically chose where he wanted to play after being released by the Colts.

This just shows you how hard it is to win a SB in today's era, unless we're talking about BB and Brady. 

Like I said I'll be happy if the Packers decided to split up the McCarthy-Rodgers marriage.  It might not be such a smooth transition for him and the rest of that team.

Peyton Manning played in 4 Super Bowls.

10 hours ago, topwop1 said:

So either MM gets credit for the 1 SB win or Rodgers does, which is it?  

Rodgers. 

Why hasn't he won more? Thompson's stubbornness and McCarthy's ineptitude.  

Manning also was going against a Brady dynasty while Rodgers was getting bounced by Kaepernick led 49ers. The NFC hasmt been as dominant IMO as the AFC fpr most of Rodgers' career. He produced but they couldn't stop Kaep at all, for example. A very limited passer beat them 3 or 4 times straight. 

5 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Rodgers. 

Why hasn't he won more? Thompson's stubbornness and McCarthy's ineptitude.  

Manning also was going against a Brady dynasty while Rodgers was getting bounced by Kaepernick led 49ers. The NFC hasmt been as dominant IMO as the AFC fpr most of Rodgers' career. He produced but they couldn't stop Kaep at all, for example. A very limited passer beat them 3 or 4 times straight. 

I agree, but I also think Rogers, while a great player, is overrated. Many people say he is goat.  He isn't even top 3 of his era.  

On 11/20/2018 at 8:35 AM, dll2000 said:

I agree, but I also think Rogers, while a great player, is overrated. Many people say he is goat.  He isn't even top 3 of his era.  

He's pretty freaking good but it really is hard to rank him over Brees, Brady, Peyton, and possibly Rothliesberger.

On 11/20/2018 at 7:35 AM, dll2000 said:

I agree Rodgers is not even close to goat. The numbers are better for QB's today because of the rules and the way the games are officiated are slanted towards the QB and the offense. How can anyone compare QB numbers from the 60's-90's  with  today because of that. Brady,Peyton and Brees are for sure better in his era. The only Super Bowl win Rodgers had  was when the Packers had a good defense that year. So it wasn't all Rodgers. As they beat the Bears 10-3 on a late TD in the last game to just make the playoffs at all.

Archived