Week 11: Pittsburgh Steelers (6-2-1) vs Jacksonville Jaguars (3-6) - Steelers get revenge?

Adrenaline_Flux

5 hours ago, VLoo said:

Was at the game. Man... what a gut punch that game was. But you can't walk away with 9 points on those 3 prime opportunities we had.

Very proudly wore my Jalen jersey though.

Last 16 minutes of the game, our smash mouth offense generated - 3 yards of offense...... 

On 11/18/2018 at 10:04 PM, Jags said:

Does anyone have the snap breakdown? It seemed like Bryan was on the field a bit. I know he was on the field a lot more often than Yannick would've liked him to be. :P

https://subscribers.footballguys.com/teams/teampage-jax-6.php

21 plays. 

Also despite not being a “starter”, Malik played more snaps at DT than anyone but Abry, who had the same number. 

On 18/11/2018 at 2:27 PM, .Buzz said:

Protection wasn't great, but the accuarcy is clearly awful. The mechanics broke down yet again.

I just don't want to watch it anymore.

Nobody wants to watch it.  It's absolutely pathetic.  But...

On 18/11/2018 at 2:40 PM, pwny said:

You have to trot Blake out there.

The season is done. None of these QBs are the answer. You have 20 million invested in Blake and the only way you’re off the hook for any of it is if some team sees something in him these next few weeks and spends some money to work as an offset. Let him fool some team into thinking he’s their future QB reclamation project.

This is probably the biggest thing they can possibly still partially salvage from the season.  So they kinda do have to continue to trot Blake out there.  I'd say just take the shackles off and just let him go full garbage time Bortle again to play out the year...rack up some stats, in both the yardage and most the INT column...but right now, i don't even know if that is still within his capability.  Our OLine is worthless, and Bortles looks worse than he ever has.

Which is where there might actually be a point where it would be better to just "hide" this version of Bortles and hope that out of sight for a while, somebody forgets this and takes a flyer on "AFC Championship run" Bortles.  Someone's bound to give him at least $2-4M right?  There's always a team that'll spend that amount of Glennon the giraffe after proven he's worthless, right?  And it's getting incredibly hard to see Bortles doing anything that's actually going to entice anyone to spend any more on him to fill out those offset numbers any better.  It's a draft year that looks short of "starter ready" QBs too, which could play to our favour if someone is looking for a warm body to tool around and kill time until their rookie is ready.  I hope?

On 18/11/2018 at 2:23 PM, Jaguarfan said:

you can't win games when every other team in the NFL laughs at your pathetic pass game

simple as that

Yeah.  At the end of the day, the NFL is a passing league.  If you can't pass the football respectably...you're not going to win much.  "Run heavy" these days is like...50-50 split...so at best, without a respectable passing game, you're missing half an offense, and you're making it substantially harder to accomplish anything in the running game by letting teams completely tee off against it.  You can't do it.

Unfortunately, to actually build a functional passing game...you need a competent QB and a respectable OLine with good depth that can withstand injuries.  Which are two of the most difficult things to find these days.

The pass protection wasn't good. But Blake was god awful. Late in 1st half it should have been INT, INT, fumble to end it. 

This is one of Hackett's worst game. This coaching staff really is bad at adjusting. Sure the pass pro wasn't good (even in the 1st half), but we've seen other teams struggle with pass pro and they found ways to buy their QB time by moving him out of the pocket/designed rollouts.

This team routinely talks about Blake's mobility as an asset and why he gives us the best chance to win...but we don't utilize it. They act like he's some pocket passer when he doesn't make routine or rhythm throws with any consistency.

All we needed was ONE first down...ONE. Any misdirection, especially on 2nd and 6 could have given us that. But no, we decided to pound Fournette against a wall.

But damn Jalen has gotta be pissed. The dude balled out. As great as that 2nd INT was, that 1st one was LEGIT Amazing.

Pre-snap, that play looked like a massive mismatch and a big play waiting to happen for Brown. I saw it develop and was like...wtf are we doing with this coverage.?

Jalen sold that play, and Ben was caught hook line and sinker.

Shame we wasted that effort. 

And LOL at the suggestion that we keep trotting out Blake out there so he can drive up his value.

Nobody looks at Blake as a starting QB, perhaps even a backup, other than us.

Defensive players from other teams aren't just going to say the stuff they have said about him for nothing. You just know defensive coordinators are out there breaking down film before games against us and telling them how awful this QB is if you defend checkdowns and crossers. 

But it is what he is. He'll be our QB this year and next because this FO is stubborn.

Unless we gut the entire FO (TC included), I doubt a change is made at QB.

You're not going to hand the reins to a rookie QB next season, and there are no vets we can sign for what we can afford given how much Blake makes.

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

enjoy boys

Fans often blame coaching for everything under the sun, and because it’s used as a league-wide excuse, a lot of people don’t take it as if it’s serious.

As crappy as reading all this is, at least I feel vindicated in calling our coaches morons.

Archived