Week 11 GDT: Eagles (4-5) @ Saints (8-1)

Canadian Saint

1 hour ago, Spartica4Real said:

You guys enjoying watching the best Saints team in franchise history? I sure am. Hopefully come Feb when we're champs we all look back and laugh at those first week reactions "Fire Payton" mostly. 

It's still a little hard to believe.  

2 hours ago, ckoz24 said:

After the start of the season and how the defense was struggling, is crazy to believe we went 5-0 through that stretch. Not only that, but the defense has come alive.

Going 6-0 against the Redskins, Ravens, Vikings, Rams, Bengals, and Eagles is nuts. And most of those games were slaughters. Nobody wants to play this team right now...this team will win a Super Bowl if it can somehow pull off homefield advantage. 

5 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Going 6-0 against the Redskins, Ravens, Vikings, Rams, Bengals, and Eagles is nuts. And most of those games were slaughters. Nobody wants to play this team right now...this team will win a Super Bowl if it can somehow pull off homefield advantage. 

I remember predicting we were gonna go 5-1 in that stretch, I thought I was being optimistic lol.

10 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

I remember predicting we were gonna go 5-1 in that stretch, I thought I was being optimistic lol.

Honestly...I was expecting 3-3. I thought that the week one loss to the Bucs was a death sentence to home field advantage because that 6 game stretch was so brutal. Still lots of work to be done, but this is the most confident that I’ve been of this team since 2009. 

with Carolina continuing to slip, we should be able to keep the division and, with all due respect to Chicago, the Bears won't be catching us for 2nd at worst. A first round bye would be huge: only one game in the dome before the NFC championship which could even be a home game too.

edit: just remembered how we managed to finish #2 at 10-6 in 2006, yet had to play in the wildcard at 13-3 in 2011. The NFL sometimes...

Archived