Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
3rivers

Nelson fined for block vs Church

Recommended Posts

do you think this deserved a fine? I didn't even see the problem with he block.  The league is getting carried away and is ruining the game more each week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone have a gif/YouTube of the block? Can't say that I saw it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

This is still football, right?  

Nope. Completely different game entirely actually. I truly believe the 2018 season should be the benchmark between modern and post-modern NFL. PPG all time high, highest QB completion %'s, 9 QBs on pace for 5000 yards, and the hitting of the QB is non-existent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Anyone have a gif/YouTube of the block? Can't say that I saw it.

I think this is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I think this is it?

That scream was EPIC - oh my goodness, I want to pay his fine now. Seriously, we should set up a GoFundMe to cover the costs. I'm quickly becoming a fan of Nelson, even though he's a division foe.

I get the lowering of the head, but c'mon, this is football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

hitting of the QB is non-existent

Sack rate is highest it's been in 14 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man that rule sucks when you look at plays like this. But it's there for a reason, and as much as it sucks, you can make that block - that exact same block - without lowering your head and "leading" with your helmet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Man that rule sucks when you look at plays like this. But it's there for a reason, and as much as it sucks, you can make that block - that exact same block - without lowering your head and "leading" with your helmet.

Yeah, it's the kind of hit that doesn't look like a big deal at first look in real time, but I get the fine for it because that sort of unnecessary lowering of the head is what they need to be stopping.

Edited by Bobikus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ET80 said:

That scream was EPIC - oh my goodness, I want to pay his fine now. Seriously, we should set up a GoFundMe to cover the costs. I'm quickly becoming a fan of Nelson, even though he's a division foe.

I get the lowering of the head, but c'mon, this is football.

the scream was ov3erdubbed from what I have read and the block is textbook isn't it? I don't know what this league is expecting, they are ruining it for fans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's practically staring at the ground at the moment of contact.  That isn't textbook anymore.

 

edit: That said the Colts should pay his fine for him since the NFL wouldn't have noticed that if not for the doctored video of the hit lol.

Edited by Bobikus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

the scream was ov3erdubbed from what I have read and the block is textbook isn't it? I don't know what this league is expecting, they are ruining it for fans

How is this specific situation ruining it for the fans? He was not flagged and the fine came later from the league office. It didn't affect the outcome of the game and what's in Nelson's bank account doesn't affect football fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×