Nelson fined for block vs Church

3rivers

35 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

This is still football, right?  

Nope. Completely different game entirely actually. I truly believe the 2018 season should be the benchmark between modern and post-modern NFL. PPG all time high, highest QB completion %'s, 9 QBs on pace for 5000 yards, and the hitting of the QB is non-existent.

27 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I think this is it?

That scream was EPIC - oh my goodness, I want to pay his fine now. Seriously, we should set up a GoFundMe to cover the costs. I'm quickly becoming a fan of Nelson, even though he's a division foe.

I get the lowering of the head, but c'mon, this is football.

14 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Man that rule sucks when you look at plays like this. But it's there for a reason, and as much as it sucks, you can make that block - that exact same block - without lowering your head and "leading" with your helmet.

Yeah, it's the kind of hit that doesn't look like a big deal at first look in real time, but I get the fine for it because that sort of unnecessary lowering of the head is what they need to be stopping.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

That scream was EPIC - oh my goodness, I want to pay his fine now. Seriously, we should set up a GoFundMe to cover the costs. I'm quickly becoming a fan of Nelson, even though he's a division foe.

I get the lowering of the head, but c'mon, this is football.

the scream was ov3erdubbed from what I have read and the block is textbook isn't it? I don't know what this league is expecting, they are ruining it for fans

He's practically staring at the ground at the moment of contact.  That isn't textbook anymore.

edit: That said the Colts should pay his fine for him since the NFL wouldn't have noticed that if not for the doctored video of the hit lol.

7 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

the scream was ov3erdubbed from what I have read and the block is textbook isn't it? I don't know what this league is expecting, they are ruining it for fans

How is this specific situation ruining it for the fans? He was not flagged and the fine came later from the league office. It didn't affect the outcome of the game and what's in Nelson's bank account doesn't affect football fans.

Archived