Preseason Week 2: Jets vs Lions

Webmaster

7 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

lol, Of course, it's tough to watch. Now people have to pray that we don't become the Browns/Rams for the next decade or find a QB and be the Chargers. I hope Macc can build a competitive team within the next 2-3 years. 

Mac has had three off seasons already, to build the Jets thru the draft & FA, and has failed miserably. We are worst than the Browns & Rams.

Dude we have a good guard, a guard that might be decent, a center that's not that good, and bad/old tackles. 

every single resource they have next season needs to go towards supporting the rookie QB, namely offensive line. Hell I wouldn't mind if we took our QB and spent every last pick on offensive linemen thereafter.

6 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Mac has had three off seasons already, to build the Jets thru the draft & FA, and has failed miserably. We are worst than the Browns & Rams.

Normally GMs get more than 1 HC. We started the HC search before Macc was hired. Woody isn't going to fire him and grow the reputation of it being an unstable job after firing Idzik on a short-term. He'll get another shot. With over $80M and a potential high pick, I'm giving the Jets 2 more years.

The good news is that the defense only had 1 bad drive all game. The Sad news is that I read that Stafford admitted to them barely watching footage of us.  I didn't watch the 2nd half. Marcus Murphy and Darron Lee were bright spots for me. MM's good return was called back, but he averaged 5yds a carry off 3 carries.

2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Normally GMs get more than 1 HC. We started the HC search before Macc was hired. Woody isn't going to fire him and grow the reputation of it being an unstable job after firing Idzik on a short-term. He'll get another shot. With over $80M and a potential high pick, I'm giving the Jets 2 more years.

The good news is that the defense only had 1 bad drive all game. The Sad news is that I read that Stafford admitted to them barely watching footage of us.  I didn't watch the 2nd half. Marcus Murphy and Darron Lee were bright spots for me. MM's good return was called back, but he averaged 5yds a carry off 3 carries.

To make matters worst, when Woody goes to London very soon, he is turning the team over to his brother Chris to run the Jets. Just when we thought things couldn't get any worst.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

To make matters worst, when Woody goes to London very soon, he is turning the team over to his brother Chris to run the Jets. Just when we thought things couldn't get any worst.

Unless Chris has any control over signings/firings I can't imagine he'll have any impact on the field. 

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

We don't know that for sure. Maybe Chris hires a football guy as a liaison between him and Mac/Bowles (wishful thinking, sorry) or maybe he just puts Mac in charge. I'm not a big fan of Mac but we don't know how much influence Woody had on some of his decisions (signing Revis, bringing back Fitz's, etc), nor do we know if he and Bowles have a good relationship (maybe Mac wanted Cook but Bowles was screaming for Maye). Some of my current criticism of Mac (the OL and Hackenberg, etc) really need more time to either work out or be exposed.

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

I don't things could get worse. I really hate Woody J.  I really hope this all leads to him selling the team. 

starts with the owner. and so long as he has input on personel this franchise will be bad. Macs draft was pretty rough this year outside of the first  rounds. We pay the GM to be able to hit on his mid round picks, any idiot can take Leonard Williams and Jamal Adams when they luckily fall in your lap. Mac is highly respected which is why he was our choice but he has to do better. Shouldnt be fired though...we cant keep turning over the front office every three years thats how you will never have any success. 

Wait are we really complaining about how inept we looked? News flash, the writing was on the wall when we released all the veterans in the offseason. Oh wow the QB play looked bad. Oh wow the OL looked bad. Oh wow the receivers can't catch. All these things are so shocking.  I can't wait to hear people complain about how we'll overpay a few free agents next year.

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

starts with the owner. and so long as he has input on personel this franchise will be bad. Macs draft was pretty rough this year outside of the first  rounds. We pay the GM to be able to hit on his mid round picks, any idiot can take Leonard Williams and Jamal Adams when they luckily fall in your lap. Mac is highly respected which is why he was our choice but he has to do better. Shouldnt be fired though...we cant keep turning over the front office every three years thats how you will never have any success. 

Jenkins looks like he's poised to start, Robby Anderson has consistently gotten open, Shell up until last night hadn't given up a pressure, Burris has been playing well. I don't think it's fair to use Leonard Williams as a negative when he was considered the BPA for the other teams that were ahead of us too yet they passed on him. It's only been 2 preseason games but it looks as though Macc has turned this defense around in a hurry especially the secondary. (With minimal spending) This season is about seeing which players will stick and where we should focus our draft picks/$80M in cap. I could be way off base but I'd have to imagine that will be heavily invested on the offensive side of the ball. Reason we didn't spend this offseason is because you might as well see which players we have can actually play before you dish out big FA contracts, all while assuring a top 10 pick in the event the young players fail.

Some may hate Macc but he has given us a lot of options moving forward.

Archived