Jump to content
Elky

Baltimore fans: How will you remember Flacco?

Recommended Posts

With Flacco doubtful this Sunday and Harbaugh set to move on after the season, this could very well be the end for him if Jackson starts and plays well.

So Baltimore fans, if this is really the end, how will you remember Flacco? The guy was the first time the franchise ever had a long term quarterback and he did win y'all a Super Bowl. On the other hand, he has been pretty much just Average Joe outside of 2012.

Edited by Elky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Elky said:

With Flacco doubtful this Sunday and Harbaugh set to move on after the season, this could very well be the end for Flacco if Jackson starts and plays well.

So Baltimore fans, if this is really the end, how will you remember Flacco? The guy was the first time the franchise ever had a long term quarterback and he did win y'all a Super Bowl.

I will remember him for being the most critized QB for many wrong reasons, as well as his ability to be great when it mattered the most.

Many quarterbacks have great games, and many quarterbacks can have great stats while at the same time not being able to win as much as Flacco was able to. With Flacco at QB the Ravens had so many chances to be serious contenders and was a only a few plays away from several super bowls. We never have had that before even with great defenses, olines, tight end and running back.

I became a Ravens fan in 2004 I believe it was (Jamal Lewis ran all over the Browns and Ed Reed brougt back a 107 yard pick six) and back then we could only dream of having a QB who could bring the team consistently to where they wanted to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will always be a fan of this dude. I will remember him similar to how I remember Jamal Lewis. Had a dominant run and played a vital part in getting us a ring. He solidified the position to a point where we could attract SOME offensive FA talent. Before Flacco, we couldn’t get anyone. Derrick Mason was the only guy we were able to successfully recruit. Afterwards we were able to bring in Boldin, Smith, Houshmanzadeh, Crabtree, Brown, etc.

That influx of recruiting ability allowed us to stabilize the squad indirectly and win more games. Thus Flacco will always be a huge part in the success we were able to create as well as will continue to create in the near future from the time of his departure.

Edited by diamondbull424

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an inconsistent QB that generally played up to the moment (especially early in his career) and was overpaid after having an all time great post season that lead to a Super Bowl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The man who delivered a superbowl after one of the most crushing seasons as a ravens fan. 

Say what you want about him as a player but when Joe had talent around him he was a top 10 QB.  

Top 10 QBs in 2013 included the likes of Colin Kaepernick so it wasn't exactly a high bar back then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Greatest of all-time who deserved better by the Baltimore media, fans and national media alike.

"Flacco! Flacco! That's powerful stuff, man!" - G.O.A.T commercial :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw, its no joke that playoff Flacco was feared by especially the Patriots. The Patriots and especially their fans fear nobody when they are at their fortress in foxborough, but Flaco and the Ravens they feared. Flacco was basically the only QB who consistently would/could beat them, and the 3-9 completion/passes was the outlier rather than the many times he played well against them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a dude who bet on himself and forced the team to pay him and descend into irrelevancy for 6+ years after winning a Superbowl. I'll simply remember him for the "is Joe Flacco elite?" memes, and as a bottom 10 starting QB throughout his career who somehow found a way to become great come January.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He will always be the first "franchise QB" in ravens history. The one who finally broke our QB carousel and got us over the hump in 2012. Nothing but love for #5. Will be interesting to see where he ends up if he decides to keep playing. With the right team he could have a late career resurgence, but its clear his time in baltimore is over

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2018 at 1:06 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

As a dude who bet on himself and forced the team to pay him and descend into irrelevancy for 6+ years after winning a Superbowl. I'll simply remember him for the "is Joe Flacco elite?" memes, and as a bottom 10 starting QB throughout his career who somehow found a way to become great come January.

This line of thinking will always baffle me. It's like people forget what it was like before Flacco. Never had this much consistency before he got here. And if he and many more Ravens had a better coaching staff, could've had 2 or possibly 3 more rings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

This line of thinking will always baffle me. It's like people forget what it was like before Flacco. Never had this much consistency before he got here. And if he and many more Ravens had a better coaching staff, could've had 2 or possibly 3 more rings.

When you say "consistency", what do you mean, exactly? Because aside from him starting games for us, he's not really been anything of a modicum of consistency over his career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

When you say "consistency", what do you mean, exactly? Because aside from him starting games for us, he's not really been anything of a modicum of consistency over his career.

You went to the Playoffs like 7 straight years. Even with some of the greatest D's in the early 2000s, the Ravens never experienced that much success. You can't be that blind. And that's not even me being a Flacco homer. To deny Flacco being one of the reasons the Ravens has seen some amazing success would be criminal. But then again, maybe I just got on those Flacco colored glasses. But its beyond me to see how undervalued he is seen. Really mind blowing to me. 

I blame Fantasy Football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

You went to the Playoffs like 7 straight years. Even with some of the greatest D's in the early 2000s, the Ravens never experienced that much success. You can't be that blind. And that's not even me being a Flacco homer. To deny Flacco being one of the reasons the Ravens has seen some amazing success would be criminal. But then again, maybe I just got on those Flacco colored glasses. But its beyond me to see how undervalued he is seen. Really mind blowing to me. 

I blame Fantasy Football.

Every time someone have to defend Flacco, its because of ignorance like the one shown here.

There is a handful of quarterbacks who have been able to have the kind of succes Flacco have had with the Ravens and vice versa. In that time frame, I don't think many have rated the Ravens roster as a top 10 in the league, yet somehow with Flacco we have mostly been contenders. The Chiefs was the same with Alex Smith, but despite having Andy Reid as an OC and playcaller, Smith wasn't able to do much in the playoffs.

Kirk Cousins is another example of someone who is supposed to be so much better than Flacco, and yet have the same struggles. He was supposed to be the missing piece, and with a good defense, great coaching staff and supporting cast his team is still fighting the 0.500 mark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×