A New Version of Fantasy

BayRaider

Would this be of interest to you?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Would this be of interest to you?

• Yes
    • No
    • Good concept, needs modifications

@N4L @The LBC @Humble_Beast @Forge @KellChippy @JaguarCrazy2832 @Fl0nkerton @Malfatron @cddolphin @Gannon12 @EaglesPeteC @ET80@megatechpc @SWATcha

So we currently have three versions of fantasy football for the most part: Regular Draft, Auction Draft, and Daily with or without Salary Cap.

I honestly find the salary cap of daily boring and a regular draft league is hugely based on luck in case some of your players get injured. It's much more luck than skill in my honest opinion.

New Version:

So this version is kind of like Survivor Football except you don't get eliminated upon losing. You pick 1 QB 1 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 Flex and 1 DEF throughout the season and you cannot use any of them twice. I feel this version of fantasy takes much more strategy and very matchup dependant, do you wanna save the top guys for the playoffs, do you wanna try to assure you make the playoffs, etc. It also makes sure literally everyones roster is equal and no one has an advantage in any way. Could increase RB's to 2 but still debating, finding 32 RBs, 32 Flexes, and 64 WRs would be a daunting task. (Based if we go 16 weeks).

Tournament:

So I was thinking of doing 12 weeks worth of the Regular Season. Top 16 get into the Championship Tournament and compete over four weeks. And let's say this style blows up to the point we have like 1000 people (would have to get some recognition beyond this site), for every following 16 people, there can be some kind of Tournament for some kind of Alternate Bowl like College Football has. Let's say the Top 50% qualifies for some kind of Bowl Tournament.

This is the kind of league I do with friends and it's pretty fun. Really bored with regular fantasy an think this has some potential. I don't really see it offered anywhere.

Any suggestions on the concept? Something you would play?

35 minutes ago, Forge said:

I feel like you tried this before in gen. Maybe on the old board. I was in that, so I'm into stuff like that

Could never get more than about 10 people in on it, so I’m gonna try with a huge head start and go beyond this site at some point as well. 

This sounds fun. It's a skill game for card sharks seems like. Fantasy survivor? 

It would have to be where you couldn't see the other teams picks until the rosters locked (Thursday guys would remain hidden until 9:55 pst on Sunday) because otherwise you would end up playing chicken with your opponent as to who you are playing. 

The reason I don't play that much dfs is because there is too much variance on points scored. In season long scores will somewhat average out even though is still a smallish sample size. Week to week there is so much fluctuation that there is too much luck involved. Especially considering a players effect on a football game cannot be qualified statically. 

Season long I get rewarded for foresight. I like big roster leagues that are very dependent on drafting well. 

Im intrigued. Set it up next year and I will join lol 

10 hours ago, N4L said:

This sounds fun. It's a skill game for card sharks seems like. Fantasy survivor? 

It would have to be where you couldn't see the other teams picks until the rosters locked (Thursday guys would remain hidden until 9:55 pst on Sunday) because otherwise you would end up playing chicken with your opponent as to who you are playing. 

The reason I don't play that much dfs is because there is too much variance on points scored. In season long scores will somewhat average out even though is still a smallish sample size. Week to week there is so much fluctuation that there is too much luck involved. Especially considering a players effect on a football game cannot be qualified statically. 

Season long I get rewarded for foresight. I like big roster leagues that are very dependent on drafting well. 

Im intrigued. Set it up next year and I will join lol 

I also agree with posts being hidden if we do H2H instead of total points. However, without any official software, the only way we can do this is on a forum or through e-mail. However I know there is Forum Plugins that will work as Forms you can submit. We would need multiple team members to count points if we get big. We would have to think of a revenue stream to develop our own software at some point. 

I’ve come up with a lot of names. I like Coach Clash. What do you think? I mean Fantasy Survivor works but super generic. The Coach in the name is fitting since it’s very matchup dependant like a Manager in Baseball. 

Archived