2020 Draft

Humble_Beast

7 hours ago, Hawkeyejam said:

Teams will be fighting over AJ Epenesa. 

I don't think so...I have heard he's some super stud, but his tape is meh to me. He looks pretty darn slow to be considered an explosive edge rusher. He's a good player that runs to the ball like a mad man on every play, but I'm pumping the brakes on the hype train behind him right now.

5 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don't think so...I have heard he's some super stud, but his tape is meh to me. He looks pretty darn slow to be considered an explosive edge rusher. He's a good player that runs to the ball like a mad man on every play, but I'm pumping the brakes on the hype train behind him right now.

Slow? Lol

1 hour ago, Hawkeyejam said:

Slow? Lol

...find me game tape of him terrorizing OT's with speed. It doesn't exist. He wins with his hands and his effort. He runs down ball carriers like a boss and plays with 100% intensity on a snap by snap basis. But he's not slippery like the other elite edge rushers in our league are.

48 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

...find me game tape of him terrorizing OT's with speed. It doesn't exist. He wins with his hands and his effort. He runs down ball carriers like a boss and plays with 100% intensity on a snap by snap basis. But he's not slippery like the other elite edge rushers in our league are.

He constantly beats OT on the edge. He is insanely quick. He shouldn't be penalized because he can beat OTs with his hands or because he can overpower them. 

Dude is only 20 years old. 6'5 277, lean, with basketball attributes.

Put up 10.5 sacks and 15.5 TFL playing only 49% of Iowas defensive snaps. He was arguably the best Defensive lineman on the field yesterday with Sweat,Simmons, and Anthony Nelson

He blocked a punt on an edge rush for crying out loud. 

So the guy is physically gifted. Plays with intensity. Is not a Prima Donna. I get it if you don't like him. You're entitled to your opinion. I'll take the near consensus that at this point hes a high 1st round pick after next season 

43 minutes ago, Hawkeyejam said:

He constantly beats OT on the edge.

I don't see this. He bull rushes OT's into the QB's face. It's the only pass rush move he has. He's damn good at it and I get that. But the ELITE edge rushers threaten with speed rips. I don't see him doing this on tape or in the several games I've watched of his.

He is insanely quick.

Disagree. The word "insane" doesn't describe Epenesa's speed or agility. He's not 3-4 DE only stiff, but he's not going to overwhelm OT's with his quicks.

He shouldn't be penalized because he can beat OTs with his hands or because he can overpower them.

I kind of agree, but kind of don't. I want to see him terrorize OT's with more than power. I think he can be productive as a bull rusher in the NFL for sure, but to be ELITE you have to threaten in multiple facets.

Dude is only 20 years old. 6'5 277, lean, with basketball attributes.

Is he for sure 6'5? He doesn't look nearly that big on film. Maybe that's because Iowa has monsters across their DL in terms of height, but he looks more like a 6'2 dude to me. I could easily be wrong.

Put up 10.5 sacks and 15.5 TFL playing only 49% of Iowas defensive snaps. He was arguably the best Defensive lineman on the field yesterday with Sweat,Simmons, and Anthony Nelson

He was the best defensive lineman on the field yesterday.

He blocked a punt on an edge rush for crying out loud. 

So the guy is physically gifted. Plays with intensity. Is not a Prima Donna. I get it if you don't like him. You're entitled to your opinion. I'll take the near consensus that at this point hes a high 1st round pick after next season 

Oh I do like him. The chances of him becoming a bust or a below average starter are very slim. The dude is good...but you seem to be anointing him as the crown jewel of the 2020 draft class. That, I disagree with. He's a sure-fire 1st rounder, but he's not even the best DE in next year's draft class. To me, he is not on the same level as guys like Myles Garrett, Nick Bosa, or Joey Bosa--the latest superfreak DE's to be taken in the top 3 (Nick pending).

It sounds like I'm torpedoing the dude. I'm really not...I love him as a player and I love how he plays with incredible physicality. I love how he beats the crap out of OT's and pushes the pocket back consistently. I just wouldn't crown him the superstar of the 2020 class is all.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-01-02 at 10:49 AM, ET80 said:

So much for that. 

I underrated Jacob Frohm, I expect him to go in top 5 and be 2nd QB behind Tua. His arm talent is much better then I expected, he got zip on his throws.

I do believe in talent of Justin Fields though, I know everybody is love with Lawrence but I believe in 2021 draft there will be legit debate between Lawrence and Fields for #1 pick. Lawrence will still be the favorite cuz he has cleaner mechanics but still debate nonetheless. Similar to Luck vs RG3 and that was a great debate

31 minutes ago, Activated10 said:

I do believe in talent of Justin Fields though, I know everybody is love with Lawrence but I believe in 2021 draft there will be legit debate between Lawrence and Fields for #1 pick

I love the pairing - OSU is flush with WR talent, Fields is going to have a ton of toys to play with in Columbus. (I'm also super happy that Fields basically said "FU" to Tate Martell, I can't stand that guy...)

32 minutes ago, Activated10 said:

I underrated Jacob Frohm, I expect him to go in top 5 and be 2nd QB behind Tua. His arm talent is much better then I expected, he got zip on his throws.

I like Fromm's composure out there. He's never rattled under pressure, whether it be from a pass rush or a very tough situation. 

His physical talent isn't exactly great (it's plenty good, mind you) but his poise? That's something you can't improve on over the course of a career, you either have it or you don't...and Fromm has it in spades.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2018 at 8:41 PM, BleedTheClock said:

Hi Jonathan Taylor. By the way, Jonathan Taylor, you're no Saquon.

I’d argue Taylor is a better ball carrier than Barkley, but as an overall RB Barkley is much better.  Barkley definitely has some stinker (2 or less yards/carry) games in college...Taylor doesn’t have those.

13 hours ago, badgers0821 said:

I’d argue Taylor is a better ball carrier than Barkley, but as an overall RB Barkley is much better.  Barkley definitely has some stinker (2 or less yards/carry) games in college...Taylor doesn’t have those.

Barkley also played behind an awful PSU OL, though.  Now, he danced around too much, and gave up yards that were there, so that's a legit knock on his college career.  But pointing to the YPC is meaningless without context of OL and supporting cast.   

I love Taylor's game as a runner, and as a pure runner, I think he's better than Barkley, and it's not close.   But also agree Barkley's pass receiving skills and in-space skills are so good great overall along with his running skills, it's what makes him a generational-level talent. 

13 hours ago, badgers0821 said:

I like Taylor alot but Saquan Barkley is a rare talent. I just can't agree with better ball carrier. PSU still to this day have struggled with Oline depth since the Sanctions.

It will be interesting to see Taylor this next season. I have no doubt Wisky will be able to reload at Oline but the losses on the line will really tell how special Taylor is.

36 minutes ago, Hawkeyejam said:

I like Taylor alot but Saquan Barkley is a rare talent. I just can't agree with better ball carrier. PSU still to this day have struggled with Oline depth since the Sanctions.

It will be interesting to see Taylor this next season. I have no doubt Wisky will be able to reload at Oline but the losses on the line will really tell how special Taylor is.

I don’t disagree but I think this year he will show how special he is as a runner.  Even listening to broadcasts most announcers admit he has everything you would want as a pure runner.

Barkley is special for sure but I just think Taylor is as good if not better carrying the ball on a handoff.

Archived