Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Humble_Beast

2020 Draft

Recommended Posts

On 11/22/2018 at 10:43 AM, Activated10 said:

He won't be in 2020 draft because he's gonna transfer

So much for that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hawkeyejam said:

Teams will be fighting over AJ Epenesa. 

I don't think so...I have heard he's some super stud, but his tape is meh to me. He looks pretty darn slow to be considered an explosive edge rusher. He's a good player that runs to the ball like a mad man on every play, but I'm pumping the brakes on the hype train behind him right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don't think so...I have heard he's some super stud, but his tape is meh to me. He looks pretty darn slow to be considered an explosive edge rusher. He's a good player that runs to the ball like a mad man on every play, but I'm pumping the brakes on the hype train behind him right now.

Slow? Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hawkeyejam said:

Slow? Lol

...find me game tape of him terrorizing OT's with speed. It doesn't exist. He wins with his hands and his effort. He runs down ball carriers like a boss and plays with 100% intensity on a snap by snap basis. But he's not slippery like the other elite edge rushers in our league are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

...find me game tape of him terrorizing OT's with speed. It doesn't exist. He wins with his hands and his effort. He runs down ball carriers like a boss and plays with 100% intensity on a snap by snap basis. But he's not slippery like the other elite edge rushers in our league are.

He constantly beats OT on the edge. He is insanely quick. He shouldn't be penalized because he can beat OTs with his hands or because he can overpower them. 

Dude is only 20 years old. 6'5 277, lean, with basketball attributes.

Put up 10.5 sacks and 15.5 TFL playing only 49% of Iowas defensive snaps. He was arguably the best Defensive lineman on the field yesterday with Sweat,Simmons, and Anthony Nelson

 

He blocked a punt on an edge rush for crying out loud. 

So the guy is physically gifted. Plays with intensity. Is not a Prima Donna. I get it if you don't like him. You're entitled to your opinion. I'll take the near consensus that at this point hes a high 1st round pick after next season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Hawkeyejam said:

He constantly beats OT on the edge.

I don't see this. He bull rushes OT's into the QB's face. It's the only pass rush move he has. He's damn good at it and I get that. But the ELITE edge rushers threaten with speed rips. I don't see him doing this on tape or in the several games I've watched of his.

43 minutes ago, Hawkeyejam said:

He is insanely quick.

Disagree. The word "insane" doesn't describe Epenesa's speed or agility. He's not 3-4 DE only stiff, but he's not going to overwhelm OT's with his quicks.

43 minutes ago, Hawkeyejam said:

He shouldn't be penalized because he can beat OTs with his hands or because he can overpower them.

I kind of agree, but kind of don't. I want to see him terrorize OT's with more than power. I think he can be productive as a bull rusher in the NFL for sure, but to be ELITE you have to threaten in multiple facets.

43 minutes ago, Hawkeyejam said:

Dude is only 20 years old. 6'5 277, lean, with basketball attributes.

Is he for sure 6'5? He doesn't look nearly that big on film. Maybe that's because Iowa has monsters across their DL in terms of height, but he looks more like a 6'2 dude to me. I could easily be wrong.

43 minutes ago, Hawkeyejam said:

Put up 10.5 sacks and 15.5 TFL playing only 49% of Iowas defensive snaps. He was arguably the best Defensive lineman on the field yesterday with Sweat,Simmons, and Anthony Nelson

He was the best defensive lineman on the field yesterday.

43 minutes ago, Hawkeyejam said:

He blocked a punt on an edge rush for crying out loud. 

So the guy is physically gifted. Plays with intensity. Is not a Prima Donna. I get it if you don't like him. You're entitled to your opinion. I'll take the near consensus that at this point hes a high 1st round pick after next season 

Oh I do like him. The chances of him becoming a bust or a below average starter are very slim. The dude is good...but you seem to be anointing him as the crown jewel of the 2020 draft class. That, I disagree with. He's a sure-fire 1st rounder, but he's not even the best DE in next year's draft class. To me, he is not on the same level as guys like Myles Garrett, Nick Bosa, or Joey Bosa--the latest superfreak DE's to be taken in the top 3 (Nick pending).

 

It sounds like I'm torpedoing the dude. I'm really not...I love him as a player and I love how he plays with incredible physicality. I love how he beats the crap out of OT's and pushes the pocket back consistently. I just wouldn't crown him the superstar of the 2020 class is all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×