2020 Draft

Humble_Beast

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Odd thing is with the RB talk on Wisconsin, a lot of those guys suck in the NFL but the Iowa list of RBs is way worse to almost not even a thing.  Only one any good was Shonn Greene and he could not stay healthy at all, same with Betts.  

Shonn Greene
Ladell Betts
Tavian Banks

Then there are these guys, all who never even got a shot at the NFL really, Coker was kicked off the team or left after two years at Iowa.  And Wadley surprised he did not make a roster this past year but did not stick.  Weisman is the assistant strength coach now and Russell just never got a shot either.

Akrum Wadley
Mark Weisman
Marcus Coker
Fred Russell

Tavian Banks did have some freaking cool hair back in that day.

51ir5fzBgLL._SY445_.jpg

Haha. Let's be clear on something. My posting in this was by no means a comparison. Wisconsin produces productive backs like it's nobodies business.

Iowa has had some absurd bad luck in the RB game. Both Melvin Gordon and Eno Benjamin were once committed to Iowa. They were the favorite with Mark Ingram before Bama swooped in late

Iowa shared the 2004 Big Ten title with a 6th string RB. Shonn Greene was a furniture salesman not on the team the year before he won the Doak Walker haha. It's really frustrating Iowa struggles with having NFL quality RBs and WRs. It's the difference.

Alot of good college bacs but not many for the NFL. Tavian Banks would have been amazing in the NFL if not for that horrific knee injury

I was shocked that Akrum Wadley did nothing with his career. I loved him coming out of college. I know he had terrible athletic traits and very poor size, but the dude grinded for yards HARD. He was a very effective pass blocker and could pound between the tackles. Excellent vision and toughness. Excellent quickness. Terrible long speed and size, which is unfortunate.

6 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I was shocked that Akrum Wadley did nothing with his career. I loved him coming out of college. I know he had terrible athletic traits and very poor size, but the dude grinded for yards HARD. He was a very effective pass blocker and could pound between the tackles. Excellent vision and toughness. Excellent quickness. Terrible long speed and size, which is unfortunate.

Too small and developed fumblitis in the preseason. I believe he went CFL

Fromm should be the top QB next year. I expect him to hover at 70 percent completion rate next year. His arm gets ragged on but it’s good enough and his poise in the pocket and ability to accurately place the ball where it needs to be is special. 

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

Fromm should be the top QB next year. I expect him to hover at 70 percent completion rate next year. His arm gets ragged on but it’s good enough and his poise in the pocket and ability to accurately place the ball where it needs to be is special. 

I would have no problem with this. I was a huge Fromm hater last off-season but man, did he change my view. He's not Tom Brady, but they play similarly and Fromm can really spread the ball around and rip you apart underneath. I do really like him and I do find Tua Tags to be very overrated. It wouldn't shock me if Fromm went ahead of him. I think Herbert ends up going first, but I could definitely see Fromm pushing him out of that spot. Herbert needs a big year, but I think he'll accomplish that.

That being said, these next 2 QB classes are pretty bleh compared to this past years. So happy the Browns don't have to sift through murky waters to try and find a franchise QB in 2019/2020.

I got my eye on 2 players in particular for 2020 at Penn State.

DE Yetur Gross-Matos
CB John Reid

Reid ain't huge at 5'10" 180 but has shown flashes of amazing potential.

Gross-Matos in my opinion is better than fellow Penn State DE Shareef Miller that just declared. Wouldn't surprise me if he were a day 2 pick. 6'5" 258, with a reported 4.52 40. In his first season starting, he had 8.0 Sacks 20 Tackles for Loss, on 54 Tackles. Would make a pretty good 3-4 OLB or add a little weight and he could play 4-3 DE. Should be a good edge player.

• 1 month later...

https://mobile.twitter.com/HawkeyeFootball/status/1105511808662671361

Watch out for Iowa OT/OG Tristan Wirfs to declare early after next season. Would be a true Junior  Didn't give up a sack last season. Started at Right Tackle as a true freshmen. First time ever. Next big time OL out of Iowa. Could be a good RT but probably an elite Guard

6'5 320 lbs

5b9c3417b318c.image.jpg?resize=1700,1157

On 2/5/2019 at 4:56 PM, Danger said:

I got my eye on 2 players in particular for 2020 at Penn State.

DE Yetur Gross-Matos
CB John Reid

Reid ain't huge at 5'10" 180 but has shown flashes of amazing potential.

Gross-Matos in my opinion is better than fellow Penn State DE Shareef Miller that just declared. Wouldn't surprise me if he were a day 2 pick. 6'5" 258, with a reported 4.52 40. In his first season starting, he had 8.0 Sacks 20 Tackles for Loss, on 54 Tackles. Would make a pretty good 3-4 OLB or add a little weight and he could play 4-3 DE. Should be a good edge player.

Gross-Matos could be a first round guy.  He's actually up to 265 and probably 270 by the season.  

Archived