Report: Kansas finalizing deal with Les Miles

JammerHammer21

Les is a fantastic recruiter. Thats what Kansas needs most atm. Drawing kids into a state with no talent of its own is something he can do.

Winning on the other hand. Theyre not going to score anything. But it could be the first time a defense is spotted in the B12 in years.

So for a place like Kansas. They couldnt of gotten anyone better.

6 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Les is a fantastic recruiter. Thats what Kansas needs most atm. Drawing kids into a state with no talent of its own is something he can do.

Winning on the other hand. Theyre not going to score anything. But it could be the first time a defense is spotted in the B12 in years.

So for a place like Kansas. They couldnt of gotten anyone better.

Hell, since there are no defenses in the big12, all the offenses look top tier. He could build a winner because a defense could stop prolly at least a handful of the big12 offenses

10 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Wasn't there a year where they were good?

I thought that myself, and it turns out it was a decade ago, but Mark Mangino had a 20-6 run and 4 bowl games in 6 yrs. I know life comes at you fast in college FB but Kansas isn't that far removed from being, at least, a non-embarrasment. 

16 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I thought that myself, and it turns out it was a decade ago, but Mark Mangino had a 20-6 run and 4 bowl games in 6 yrs. I know life comes at you fast in college FB but Kansas isn't that far removed from being, at least, a non-embarrasment. 

It's the Curse of the Mangino, man. 

16 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

They had Reesing and Meier for basically that whole run, once they left the big macs caught up to him and they went right back down the turrlet.

16 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

They had Reesing and Meier for basically that whole run, once they left the big macs caught up to him and they went right back down the turrlet.

That 12-1 Kansas team had quite a bit of talent.

Todd Reesing
Brandon McAnderson
Jake Sharp
Dezmon Briscoe
Marcus Henry
Aqib Talib
Darrell Stuckey

I miss when Kansas was good. I may have to go buy an XBox 360 and NCAA Football 14 and bring Kansas back.

9 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Rumors are that GT might be pushing him to retirement.  In any case, Miles is a much better hire for Kansas than Paul Johnson, and I am a huge Johnson guy as I watched him resurrect the Navy football program in person. 

Johnson’s offense in the Big 12 would be lethal. Kansas isn’t going to be able to recruit so not sure Miles is a good fit. 

Archived