William Goldman passes away at 87

Forge

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/william-goldman-oscar-wining-screenwriter-of-butch-cassidy-and-all-the-presidents-men-dies-at-87/2018/11/16/db9afb16-e917-11e8-a939-9469f1166f9d_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.37af767beb6d

It was the work of novice screenwriter William Goldman, who went on to become a towering craftsman of the movies — winning Academy Awards for the convention-flouting western “Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid” (1969) and the Watergate thriller “All the President’s Men” (1976) and adapting his fantasy-sendup novel “The Princess Bride” into a generational touchstone in 1987. He died Nov. 16 at 87 at his home in Manhattan of complications from colon cancer and pneumonia, his daughter Jenny Goldman said.

Long and fantastic career in hollywood. Obviously, being a child of the 80's, I will always warmly remember him for the Princess Bride, a movie I've owned forever and a day and a book I have read more than once. I feel like there is only one appropriate response to this sad news...

giphy.gif&f=1

William and James Goldman were the most significant script writing brothers in Hollywood history.

Butch Cassidy and All the Presidents Men were among the biggest movies of the 1970s.

Numerous plays, novels, scripts and books about the movie industry were produced by them.

Archived