Broncos @ Chargers GDT

broncosfan07

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

I wouldn’t want Kubiak as OC, to be honest, even though he’s been a great one.  The NFL has moved away from his style of offense.  Every year it gets closer and closer to the college game offensively.  Two of the top 3-5 teams in the NFL are playing tonight, both 9-1 and they’re going to score 50 a piece all out of the shotgun.

It’s the reason Musgraves has to go and hopefully Elway/Kubiak...both hardcore WCO guys realize this.  The NFL is completely different now, it’s a space game and a throw 1st league.  

Running the ball on 1st and/or 2nd down to get into a manageable 3rd just doesn’t cut it anymore.  The teams that are consistently competing and winning are throwing the football 30-40+ times a game and the running game is in a lot of cases the “change of pace” if you will. 

I’m not saying I completely disagree with you or anything, but I think Kubiak could hypothetically run that kind of offense. In the early part of this decade, Kubiak had Matt Schaub throwing the ball 862 times every game and in the MVP conversation, he knows what a pass heavy offense is.

I also think it’s worth the conversation that, in the absence of a good QB option in the 2019 draft, we’re almost certainly getting another year of the Case Keemun experience (unless they want to take a shot on Jameis Winston or Derek Carr). I think back to 2009 and Keenum was the best player in fantasy college football, basically based on a gimmicky offense where he was playing pitch and catch with wide open receivers. I think he could see some success if we try to build something along those lines.

Either way I want someone like John DeFilippo as the head coach so it’s moot but I think there are ways to make things work with a John Harbaugh/Gary Kubiak/Case Keenum ticket. 

13 hours ago, champ11 said:

End of schedule: 

v Pitt

@ CIN

@SF

v CLE

@ OAK

v LAC

.........I've been as negative as anyone that we suck.....but if *somehow* the Broncos pull it together a bit....9-7 is not completely unbelievable with this schedule.

I know you know this won't happen, but how ironically hilarious would it be that the year the Patriots FINALLY have  to play in the wildcard round, we have to go to Foxboro to play them ... xD

6 hours ago, paul-mac said:

I’m not saying I completely disagree with you or anything, but I think Kubiak could hypothetically run that kind of offense. In the early part of this decade, Kubiak had Matt Schaub throwing the ball 862 times every game and in the MVP conversation, he knows what a pass heavy offense is.

Baltimore fans would have Kubiak back as OC in a heartbeat.

7 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I know you know this won't happen, but how ironically hilarious would it be that the year the Patriots FINALLY have  to play in the wildcard round, we have to go to Foxboro to play them ... xD

That would be amazing dude lol. The Pats might be close to the end :) 

9 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Well, currently they are the No. 3 seed so they would be playing in the WC round if the playoffs started today. KC (9-2) is the No. 1, Pittsburgh (7-2-1) is the No. 2, New England is the No. 3 (7-3) and Houston the No. 4 (7-3, lost head-to-head tiebreaker with NE). 

5 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Well, currently they are the No. 3 seed so they would be playing in the WC round if the playoffs started today. KC (9-2) is the No. 1, Pittsburgh (7-2-1) is the No. 2, New England is the No. 3 (7-3) and Houston the No. 4 (7-3, lost head-to-head tiebreaker with NE). 

Certainly there is a decent possibility they’re playing the first weekend of the playoffs this year but absolutely zero chance it’ll be against the Broncos IMHO

17 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Yeh I was referring to us being the #6 seed as being the unlikely scenario, rather than NE having to play in the WC round.

The Patriots - Steelers game could decide that #2 seed (although the Steelers remaining schedule is definitely tougher).

13 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Glad to see the team shock me in areas where I thought we were short. Surprised with Billy Turner and Wilkinson. Solid showing from those men.

We need to get Sutton the ball more.

also... HOW IN THE HELL WAS THAT OPI on Patrick?!!

I think it was because he bumped into the defender trying to get the ball. 

Archived