Broncos @ Chargers GDT

broncosfan07

1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

Bolles played really well. And they may have stumbled into something with Wilkinson. 

Wilkinson looked awful the week before.  To say this was unexpected was an understatement.  

As much as an earlier pick always helps there isn’t a QB talent worth taking Rd1 where we’d be picking.  Unlike last year I don’t see us falling into a key tier junction with each W (unless we go 7-9 or better and I see 2 more W’s after this upset).  VJ is a goner at season’s end regardless if we don’t get to 8-8 and I don’t see that at all.   So I’ll take the W.  And the good news of our team’s youth continuing to not give up and fight is the still the biggest plus for our future.  

I said we didn’t stand a chance to even cover without a TO win of 2+ or more.  We got that.   Our run game needed to succeed.  We got that.   Our OL held up very well - they deserved full marks.  The first 2 were possible from the pre-game scouting report, didn’t see the 3rd coming....at all.  Anyone who did is definitely kidding themselves lol.

Still, even with those 3 elements on our side, we needed a final win on top of all the above 3 to win the game - what shocked me most was that LAC got out coached at the end.  2nd and 4 2:30 left no TO’s, first the botched play with lost yards then on 3rd and 7 to have an incompletion off a bubble screen is crazy.   Even a sack takes off 25 secs from the clock.  Then with 1:50 left they went into prevent D when their base D had stifled our pass game all game long.    Crazy it was like the ghost of Mike McCoy was out there.   Doesn’t take away from the effort from our guys but wow.  

2 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Bolles played really well. And they may have stumbled into something with Wilkinson. 

So, just saw the clip of Lindsays short TD. Last year that would've been a hold for Bolles. Today he controlled his man and when Lindsay cut Bolles didn't hang on and released his man fast.. Just like they teach it.

Wasn’t able to watch the game, for the first time in years.  Kept up with it from some friends.  Heard Keenum was his typical self, the OL played solid, Lindsay busted out a few big plays.  Defensively Von went off like hes capable of, Chubb looked like one of the best edge players in the league, and the DBs played like the no fly zone.

Was that off or missing anything?

Also, just from this game and against the stance of others.  Denver isn’t that far off.  Just like the last 2 years, they’re a QB away from competing as a top team in the AFC. 

Getting a QB isn’t easy though, but roster wise these team isn’t as depleted as it’s made out to be.  

Even with the crappy QB play.  Denver could EASILY have 2-3 more wins.

23 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Wasn’t able to watch the game, for the first time in years.  Kept up with it from some friends.  Heard Keenum was his typical self, the OL played solid, Lindsay busted out a few big plays.  Defensively Von went off like hes capable of, Chubb looked like one of the best edge players in the league, and the DBs played like the no fly zone.

Was that off or missing anything?

Mostly correct. The secondary had a few pretty serious blown coverages so I don't know if I would go as far as to say no fly zone. But they did make Rivers look extremely pedestrian (he had 400 passing yards, but had to throw it over 40 times to get there) overall, and it was certainly an encouraging performance. Prob Roby's best game in quite a while. Sucks he had to leave for a possible concussion. 

Archived