Growing sense Packers move on from Mike McCarthy End of Season

Nick_gb

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Would be a mistake.  Packers should have traded Rodgers when his value was three first round draft picks and let McCarthy start from scratch with a QB who might be a little bit more receptive to being coached.  McCarthy has won multiple games with Matt Flynn and Brett Hundley starting at QB.  I believe he could have done a lot better with another first round talent, and Rodgers could refuse to take what the defense gives him somewhere else and whine and pout at his receivers and offensive line when he stands around for 7 seconds until eventually taking a crippling sack on third down. 

I would be more inclined to take your posts seriously, had you not made an "Aaron Rodgers depreciation thread" -- and claimed it was nothing more than a superstition to get Aaron Rodgers to play at the normal elite level we are used to seeing him play at. However, since your thread didn't work, you're now pounding the table for him to be traded and for us to keep Mike McCarthy. You come off as nothing more than, well ... a wannabe Skip Bayless who just says things in an effort to be controversial. You're quite good at it, but you're predictable. 

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I'd be seriously pissed off to see DeFilippo go there to be HC. Just freaking livid. Granted, Rodgers doesn't need developed obviously, so IDK what GB will be looking for. Pettine moves up?

Pettine has already said he doesn't want the HC gig again.  Maybe that changes, but that doesn't seem likely at this point.  John DeFilippo seems like the obvious choice at this point.  DeFilippo was the OC in 2015 when Pettine was the HC, so there's history of them together.  Plus you're getting a chance to take away from a divisional rival, and I'd honestly  be surprised if it wasn't DeFilippo.

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

As a Bears fan I prefer McCarthy stay, or McDaniels.

I'd be seriously pissed off to see DeFilippo go there to be HC. Just freaking livid. Granted, Rodgers doesn't need developed obviously, so IDK what GB will be looking for. Pettine moves up?

DeFilippo has been OK as an OC in Minnesota, but I wouldn't say he is worthy of all the hype he got last year.  If they want him they can have him.  Pat Shurmur was just as good at the job, IMO.

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

DeFilippo has been OK as an OC in Minnesota, but I wouldn't say he is worthy of all the hype he got last year.  If they want him they can have him.  Pat Shurmur was just as good at the job, IMO.

It'd be nice to have some continuity at OC. Shurmur isn't coming back

Is it really that attractive of a job though? The expectations are going to be sky high because of Rodgers and it could be tough getting Rodgers to buy into a new system. If any of this stuff about Rodgers not listening to McCarthy is true, it could be tough on a new coach

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

It'd be nice to have some continuity at OC. Shurmur isn't coming back

Yes but the chances are that someone is going to go after Defilippo to be their head coach.  We pretty much knew that when we hired him.  I agree with you on the continuity, and that is one of the reasons it didn't make a whole lot of sense to bring him for just a one-year rental.  Now our players will have to learn another new offense.  It just stunts player development as far as I'm concerned.

Good.

It's due. Just as moving on from Dom Capers was long overdue, this is due. The offense has been stagnant since Denver absolutely embarrassed us on SNF a few seasons ago. I do believe we are a sub .500 team the last 50 or so games as well. Just not acceptable at this point and things just aren't changing. Mac says he'll re-evaluate the offense but then doesn't actually do it. It's the same concepts and issues that have been prevalent the last few years. Yeah, Mac is a "highly successful NFL coach" on the back of two of the greatest QBs to ever play the game so let him go attempt to prove it in Cleveland. See how well he does without #12 or #4.

Archived