Growing sense Packers move on from Mike McCarthy End of Season

Nick_gb

1 hour ago, rob_shadows said:

As a Lions fan I just have to say clearly the best option for Green Bay is to fire McCarthy and how Hue Jackson as the next head coach of the Packers.

That's a real knee slapper.  Jackson indeed.  xD

On 11/18/2018 at 10:57 AM, BayRaider said:

Has Rodgers ever been put in prime position to win with a Top 10 Defense and HFA in the playoffs? No

Yeah it's so easy to have the highest paid player in the league and a top 10 defense 😂

Can't believe GB (and every other team in the laughed not from Massachusetts) hasn't done this consistently...

On 11/18/2018 at 2:59 PM, malak1 said:

Lol @ “if McCarthy had a chance to develop Goff or Wentz.”

You realize the packers would’ve had to have been one of the worst teams in the league the previous year....right? Which means McCarty MIGHT not even be there the next year. Lol. 

Yeah that's exactly how the league is designed to work :)

Parity. For a thousand reasons.

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:
18 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

McCarthy has a better career record without Rodgers than Belichick does without Brady.

Herp derp

Its always interesting to see how folks respond when it's pointed out to them that reality is at odds with their publicly stated agendas.

39 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yeah that's exactly how the league is designed to work :)

Parity. For a thousand reasons.

Agreed, but how does that deal with my point? If the packers are picking top-2 in the draft (ie Wentz, Goff territory), then they likely sucked the year before and Big Mac is probably run out of GB.

1 minute ago, malak1 said:

Agreed, but how does that deal with my point? If the packers are picking top-2 in the draft (ie Wentz, Goff territory), then they likely sucked the year before and Big Mac is probably run out of GB.

It would be a bad move to do that is my point.

Good coaches need good players. Firing a good coach if their roster isn't very talented is dumb business.

45 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yeah it's so easy to have the highest paid player in the league and a top 10 defense 😂

Can't believe GB (and every other team in the laughed not from Massachusetts) hasn't done this consistently...

Well the answer certainly isn’t get rid of Rodgers. I feel GB fans are so spoiled at even entertaining such an idea.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Well the answer certainly isn’t get rid of Rodgers. I feel GB fans are so spoiled at even entertaining such an idea.

The list of QBs younger than Rodgers to win a SB is MUCH longer than the list of QBs older than him.

I think it's actually smart football to move on from aging, expensive QBs and collect a haul.

There are other non-football reasons for keeping faces of franchises around, however.

16 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It would be a bad move to do that is my point.

Good coaches need good players. Firing a good coach if their roster isn't very talented is dumb business.

So, get rid of possibly the best player ever? 

Plus, we don’t really know if he’s a good coach. We just know that he’s had a hall of famer when he’s been successful and when he hasn’t been successful, coincidently, that hall of famer has been injured. 

7 minutes ago, malak1 said:

So, get rid of possibly the best player ever? 

Plus, we don’t really know if he’s a good coach. We just know that he’s had a hall of famer when he’s been successful and when he hasn’t been successful, coincidently, that hall of famer has been injured. 

Every great coach has had great players.

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Every great coach has had great players.

That’s fair, I guess McCarthy hasn’t been as successful as he needs to be with his great player.....which is why we’re having this conversation. 

Archived