Jimmy Graham

Pugger

Just now, ChaRisMa said:

I’m fine with the deal. He was on pace to break franchise yardage records.

Tonyan showed more speed and athleticism in one play than Graham showed all year.  They'll probably bring him back, but I was disappointed in his lack of athleticism in the redzone .. thought he'd be a force there, but he hasn't made those great one on one plays he used to make.

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

Tonyan showed more speed and athleticism in one play than Graham showed all year.  They'll probably bring him back, but I was disappointed in his lack of athleticism in the redzone .. thought he'd be a force there, but he hasn't made those great one on one plays he used to make.

Do you think it's the offense scheme, or age?

20 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Vehemently disagree. Tonyan is the new Jeff Janis. Just wait. He’s not ready. 

Jimmy’s still a massive mismatch. Rodgers knows it. Jimmy knows it. New NFL practice rules suck. They never had time to gel and Jimmy was still on pace to break the franchise yardage record. Davante should write Jimmy a thank you letter for all the red zone targets.

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Then you had false expectations from the start. Graham's mismatch is his size. Rodgers and Mac didn't utilitize it nearly enough. I'm over the Graham, Bennett, Gronk, Kelce "physical beasts" TEs. Mac and Rodgers don't know how to use them. This offense needs a Vernon Davis, Evan Engram, Jermichael Finley, move TE. A guy that creates separation. Because we don't trust these physical freaks to use their size and make plays and that's a total waste.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Then you had false expectations from the start. Graham's mismatch is his size. Rodgers and Mac didn't utilitize it nearly enough. I'm over the Graham, Bennett, Gronk, Kelce "physical beasts" TEs. Mac and Rodgers don't know how to use them. This offense needs a Vernon Davis, Evan Engram, Jermichael Finley, move TE. A guy that creates separation. Because we don't trust these physical freaks to use their size and make plays and that's a total waste.

He had a few jump ball opportunities early on and couldn't make the plays.  Maybe he's still got it .. I just haven't seen it.  You're probably right that McCarthy doesn't know how to utilize the guy right .. wouldn't be the first time.  

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

rodgers put it on him a few times and he just dropped it.

Anyone that watched Jimmy in Seattle knew he wasn't even close to the athlete he was in New Orleans.

That being said, how do you not bring back the guy that was going to set franchise records at tight end?

Forget what he was....what he is is an intelligent route runner who, like everyone else, needs time in the system to understand what is going on.  More importantly, he needs time with Rodgers to understand what he wants.

This Jimmy Graham that we got was going pretty good things....next year's version should be even better.  At least I hope so.

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Anyone that watched Jimmy in Seattle knew he wasn't even close to the athlete he was in New Orleans.

That being said, how do you not bring back the guy that was going to set franchise records at tight end?

Forget what he was....what he is is an intelligent route runner who, like everyone else, needs time in the system to understand what is going on.  More importantly, he needs time with Rodgers to understand what he wants.

This Jimmy Graham that we got was going pretty good things....next year's version should be even better.  At least I hope so.

He's going to be back even though I think there are some legit reasons for him not to be. 

-He's a terrible blocker who hurts the run game.  His inability to block makes our offense extremely predictable.  Giving Lewis more snaps on passing downs COULD help our offense.  While he's not going to give you some of the big plays, he's fully capable of giving you the 20 yards a game that Graham gave us in half this season's contests.

- He's going to be 34 next season which isn't a good thing for a guy who already looked like he was playing in slow motion.  

- He's scheduled to be the highest paid TE in the league next year.

- While he was on pace to set a franchise record he did have 5 games with 20 yards or fewer receiving.  That's not exactly getting our money's worth.  

Think they'd only save about 4 million by cutting him which is about half what we'd still have to pay.  He's not going anywhere IMO.

7 minutes ago, SSG said:

He's going to be back even though I think there are some legit reasons for him not to be. 

-He's a terrible blocker who hurts the run game.  His inability to block makes our offense extremely predictable.  Giving Lewis more snaps on passing downs COULD help our offense.  While he's not going to give you some of the big plays, he's fully capable of giving you the 20 yards a game that Graham gave us in half this season's contests.

- He's going to be 34 next season which isn't a good thing for a guy who already looked like he was playing in slow motion.  

- He's scheduled to be the highest paid TE in the league next year.

- While he was on pace to set a franchise record he did have 5 games with 20 yards or fewer receiving.  That's not exactly getting our money's worth.  

Think they'd only save about 4 million by cutting him which is about half what we'd still have to pay.  He's not going anywhere IMO.

Right now he's a better blocker than MVS or ESB.  He gets it done for what coverage he draws and who he has to block.

Archived