Rodgers First Half Passes (links, no embed)

skibrett15

28 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

@Krauser @Packerraymond @skibrett15

Am I the only one who thinks these short deep balls are just bad throws? If this is highschool, you're happy with those. This is the freaking NFL, when your receiver has 4 ******* steps on his man like in the Adams gif, that ball is just gross.

Certainly isn't a good ball, you certainly expect more from a HOF QB. 

34 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Am I the only one who thinks these short deep balls are just bad throws? If this is highschool, you're happy with those. This is the freaking NFL, when your receiver has 4 ******* steps on his man like in the Adams gif, that ball is just gross.

on this one I thought that at first glance.

I like what he does occupying the safety with his eyes down the middle.  I think any deep completion is a really good outcome, and you'd rather see a slight underthrow where you give your guy a chance than an overthrow and not give him a shot.

Posting the 2nd half now and there's some way worse throws.

48 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I expect more from Rodgers for $30+M

If his mechanics on the throws were solid, then I would have less of an issue with it, but factor in often there is a back foot/side arm delivery that may be the reason for the underthrow.....I cannot give Rodgers a pass on those.

46 minutes ago, Pugger said:

McCarthy's offense has depended upon his QB to play otherworldly to work.  When his QB isn't playing at an MVP level the offense looks like what we've been seeing too much this year.  :(

Which of these gifs are making you say that?

At the moment, we have an average offense with an average QB. 

14 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Which of these gifs are making you say that?

At the moment, we have an average offense with an average QB. 

It wasn't any of these gifs but my impression on McCarthy's offense over the years of observation.  Yes, AR isn't playing great and our offense is suffering because of it.  The real question is can this situation change or is this how AR is going to play going forward no matter who his coaches are?  I kinda doubt he'll change with McCarthy in charge.

21 minutes ago, Pugger said:

It wasn't any of these gifs but my impression on McCarthy's offense over the years of observation.  Yes, AR isn't playing great and our offense is suffering because of it.  The real question is can this situation change or is this how AR is going to play going forward no matter who his coaches are?  I kinda doubt he'll change with McCarthy in charge.

I just don't know what people are making this observation, that McCarthy's offense is exceptionally difficult, is based on.

It's not like this Seahawks game was an aberration, this was a great game to see all the cover-3 (with the exception of some ILB iso routes) beaters that this offense runs. 

As a playcaller, if you get scoped once in a half, that's hard to be too upset with. The other guys get paid too. For the most part this was a pretty damn good half of coaching.

13 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I've been talking about this for weeks and trying to get a handle on the "why's" of it. Welcome aboard.

13 hours ago, squire12 said:

I expect more from Rodgers for $30+M

If his mechanics on the throws were solid, then I would have less of an issue with it, but factor in often there is a back foot/side arm delivery that may be the reason for the underthrow.....I cannot give Rodgers a pass on those.

Yup. Agree with this too.

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I just don't know what people are making this observation, that McCarthy's offense is exceptionally difficult, is based on.

It's not like this Seahawks game was an aberration, this was a great game to see all the cover-3 (with the exception of some ILB iso routes) beaters that this offense runs. 

As a playcaller, if you get scoped once in a half, that's hard to be too upset with. The other guys get paid too. For the most part this was a pretty damn good half of coaching.

Yes it was a good half but you have to have 2 halves.  Is McCarthy not making the proper counter adjustments?   :/

5 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Yes it was a good half but you have to have 2 halves.  Is McCarthy not making the proper counter adjustments?   :/

Didn't really see anything in the second half that would indicate to me Seattle counter adjusted us. 

Looked very much to me like we were getting the same looks and just didn't execute.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Didn't really see anything in the second half that would indicate to me Seattle counter adjusted us. 

Looked very much to me like we were getting the same looks and just didn't execute.

Did they make adjustments to take Aaron Jones away ... seemed like the Packers forgot to utilize his talents again.  He was a standout in the first half, and then fairly invisible in the second half.  I know Rodgers passed up some short passes to him .. that's got to stop.  They should be trying to get the ball in his hands more .. not less.

15 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Did they make adjustments to take Aaron Jones away ... seemed like the Packers forgot to utilize his talents again.  He was a standout in the first half, and then fairly invisible in the second half.  I know Rodgers passed up some short passes to him .. that's got to stop.  They should be trying to get the ball in his hands more .. not less.

Look at that second half thread, how we basically ran off all three of our receivers off to get Jones and the TE (Losing Graham must have really sucked if this was the plan coming in) looks. I don't think this was a situation where they forgot to use Jones. Looked to me like the plan was to emphasize Jones.

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Look at that second half thread, how we basically ran off all three of our receivers off to get Jones and the TE (Losing Graham must have really sucked if this was the plan coming in) looks. I don't think this was a situation where they forgot to use Jones. Looked to me like the plan was to emphasize Jones.

Thanks .. I'll check that thread out a little deeper.

Archived