Redskins activate Byron Marshall, cut Brian Quick

turtle28

Redskins activate Byron Marshall, cut Brian Quick

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/18/washington-activates-byron-marshall-cuts-brian-quick/

Obviously with Trey Quinn back, Brian Quick was expendable. 

Washington activated running back 

Byron Marshall from injured reserve. The team waived receiver Brian Quick in a corresponding move.

Washington placed Marshall on injured reserve the week of the season opener with an ankle injury. He returned to practice Oct. 31 as Washington used one of its two short-term injured reserve designations on him.

If they had parked Thompson or Perine on the IR and used that spot for Marshall, okay then. However, the Redskins are now carrying five running backs. That's a lot of roster usage (nearly 10%) at one position.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

If they had parked Thompson or Perine on the IR and used that spot for Marshall, okay then. However, the Redskins are now carrying five running backs. That's a lot of roster usage (nearly 10%) at one position.

Ya for real, that's where I am on this.

15 hours ago, Woz said:

They really shouldn’t have put Marshall on IR w/ designation for return in August/Sept. that way, they could’ve put Crowder on IR with designation to return when he had his ankle injury. It was foolish to use both of our designations on back of the end roster guys before week 2 of the season.

I just have to ask this, does anyone see anything in Byron Marshall that explains why they seem to like him so much?

I honestly think Kapri Bibbs is kind of a JAG. But he's about 2x as impressive to me as Marshall. Who seems to be the JAGest of all JAGs. Maybe even a NEJAG (not even just a guy).

10 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I just have to ask this, does anyone see anything in Byron Marshall that explains why they seem to like him so much?

I honestly think Kapri Bibbs is kind of a JAG. But he's about 2x as impressive to me as Marshall. Who seems to be the JAGest of all JAGs. Maybe even a NEJAG (not even just a guy).

This is why when I saw him in game, I asked in the GDT, wth is he doing there.

I think Bibbs is one of those guys who could develop beyond JAG (but not Pro Bowler). But Marshall, hasnt shown me much 

15 minutes ago, e16bball said:

No ! Makes no sense having both Bibbs and Marshall active . 

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Do I? No.

Does Bruce? Yes. He sees the naughty photos Byron has of him.

15 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

This is why when I saw him in game, I asked in the GDT, wth is he doing there.

I think Bibbs is one of those guys who could develop beyond JAG (but not Pro Bowler). But Marshall, hasnt shown me much 

Sadly, Marshall has been hurt most of his time here.

Last year in back to back games Cousins checked down to him 4 times in each game. Then, sadly he got hurt and Bibbs took his place.

Archived