Preseason, Week 3: 49ers (1-0) at VIKINGS (1-1)

swede700

3 hours ago, swiss_vike said:

The alignemnt is very critical on this play. Harri aligns on the strong side, SF has RB on the weak side. With the double A-Gab for the LB's, we are now exposed. As some said, even in Kendricks/Barr were correct about the coverage from the snap, it would have been quite easily a 3 yard gain.

Here, Kyle clearly exposed a weakness in the Zimmer system. As he did on other plays as well. We were exposed constantly during the game.

This will be a blueprint for opposing offenses.

It all depends on the call out of this formation.  It could just as easily be an overload, zone, blitz that sees the LDE drop off the line and into coverage right in the path of the running back. It was also reported that we didn't game plan for this game like most teams do for the 3rd preseason game, so we weren't keying on the stretch, play-action, passing game that Shanahan is known for.

It's a little early to call a pre-season game a blueprint.

4 hours ago, swiss_vike said:

The alignemnt is very critical on this play. Harri aligns on the strong side, SF has RB on the weak side. With the double A-Gab for the LB's, we are now exposed. As some said, even in Kendricks/Barr were correct about the coverage from the snap, it would have been quite easily a 3 yard gain.

Here, Kyle clearly exposed a weakness in the Zimmer system. As he did on other plays as well. We were exposed constantly during the game.

This will be a blueprint for opposing offenses.

You don't think those were vanilla schemes being run by Zimmer?

Interesting nugget from the fantasy podcast I listen to, and backed up by my own research:

Stefon Diggs didn't get a single snap from the slot in 3 WR sets in this game. Which is a bit strange, since he's had success there and got snaps there earlier in preseason.

14 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Interesting nugget from the fantasy podcast I listen to, and backed up by my own research:

Stefon Diggs didn't get a single snap from the slot in 3 WR sets in this game. Which is a bit strange, since he's had success there and got snaps there earlier in preseason.

Keeping that in the backpocket during the regular season.

Archived