Jaguars could trade trade Jalen Ramsey this offseason.

TecmoSuperJoe

On 18/11/2018 at 3:56 PM, .Buzz said:

I think if there's anything that would cause the Jaguars to "maybe think about investigating trading Jalen Ramsey", it'd be this.

Making it pretty clear he doesn't intend to play on a 5th year option.  If you're getting early feelings that Jalen is going to want one of these "biggest deal in the NFL" type contracts or something unreasonable like that, or just simply wants to play somewhere else...you'd be better off getting out in front of it, and dealing him while you still can for an absolute King's ransom while he's still under contract.  Rather than trying to trade a disgruntled no-show guy like a Le'veon Bell sort of situation.

The Jaguars already have Bouye locked up for a while still with dead money and a massive $15M cap number that'd be hard to get out of...and i just don't know that you can spend ~$40M per year on two CBs, no matter how good a duo they are.  Much less ~$25M on any one CB, even on as good as Ramsey.

It'd be hilarious if they did end up trading the ONE top draft pick that they actually got right, but...wouldn't be completely shocked if they did at least explore it.  Depending on what's going on behind the scenes with contract stuff probably.

3 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I think if there's anything that would cause the Jaguars to "maybe think about investigating trading Jalen Ramsey", it'd be this.

Making it pretty clear he doesn't intend to play on a 5th year option.  If you're getting early feelings that Jalen is going to want one of these "biggest deal in the NFL" type contracts or something unreasonable like that, or just simply wants to play somewhere else...you'd be better off getting out in front of it, and dealing him while you still can for an absolute King's ransom while he's still under contract.  Rather than trying to trade a disgruntled no-show guy like a Le'veon Bell sort of situation.

The Jaguars already have Bouye locked up for a while still with dead money and a massive $15M cap number that'd be hard to get out of...and i just don't know that you can spend ~$40M per year on two CBs, no matter how good a duo they are.  Much less ~$25M on any one CB, even on as good as Ramsey.

It'd be hilarious if they did end up trading the ONE top draft pick that they actually got right, but...wouldn't be completely shocked if they did at least explore it.  Depending on what's going on behind the scenes with contract stuff probably.

Pretty much! 👏

Besides no Organization in the middle of the season would ever acknowledge the above as a possibility with someone as outspoken as Ramsey. It would be a PR Nightmare on a weekly basis on and off the field via Social Media! What else do people really expect them to say??

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Pretty much! 👏

Besides no Organization in the middle of the season would ever acknowledge the above as a possibility with someone as outspoken as Ramsey. It would be a PR Nightmare on a weekly basis on and off the field via Social Media! What else do people really expect them to say??

Agreed. I think the only way to trade a guy like Ramsey is silently and suddenly. Can't imagine how he'd react if reports came out that they were shopping him...

As a football fan, I hope this is just a rumor. DeAndre Hopkins vs Jalen Ramsey is a fun watch, both of them are incredibly physical and have some unique tools at their disposal to work against one another. These two need two matchups a season, so we can enjoy this battle as many times as possible

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a Jags team severely weakened - but I'd much rather enjoy two of the best at their positions battle it out frequently.

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

I'd be surprised if all 31 other teams make offers.  There will be some that don't even bother, knowing the price will be far too high.

But he's a young shutdown CB with two more years of cheap af service. I can't imagine many teams that aren't intrigued by that.

38 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

But he's a young shutdown CB with two more years of cheap af service. I can't imagine many teams that aren't intrigued by that.

Houston, Indy and Tennessee know the Jags aren't moving him inside the division...

On 11/21/2018 at 7:44 AM, ET80 said:

As a football fan, I hope this is just a rumor. DeAndre Hopkins vs Jalen Ramsey is a fun watch, both of them are incredibly physical and have some unique tools at their disposal to work against one another. These two need two matchups a season, so we can enjoy this battle as many times as possible

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a Jags team severely weakened - but I'd much rather enjoy two of the best at their positions battle it out frequently.

If he’s going somewhere else, let it be the Panthers somehow. 2 matchups a year against Julio Jones, Michael Thomas and Mike Evans would be primetime tv. 

Archived