Alex Smith requires emergency surgery; recovery time 6-8 months

naptownskinsfan

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Smith broke his tibia and fibia and will require immediate surgery per multiple sources. 

Gotta day, even without Theismanns comparison, this might be it for Smith being that he’s 34. It will all depend likely on how the surgery is performed and how it will heal.

And my team needs for the Redskins just had QB jump to the top. 

5 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I feel so bad for the dude.  He was playing well, IMO, and I think we would have won the division with him. 

I actually think Colt can do more this season now for the Skins. We  may have lost, but the rest of the season is facing losing records, so we could win the division anyway. 

4 minutes ago, mike23md said:

I actually think Colt can do more this season now for the Skins. We  may have lost, but the rest of the season is facing losing records, so we could win the division anyway. 

If Colt plays like he did today? Then yes. But he has a long history of sporadic play, so let’s just say I’ll be pleasantly surprised if we win the division. 

7 minutes ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

Dude seriously?  two picks one for 6 and he was playing well?

The first INT was on Reed, as Trent Green explained multiple times. The 2nd pick was bad but didn’t really cost us. Alex’s receivers deserve much more of the blame this game than Alex himself. 

7 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

If Colt plays like he did today? Then yes. But he has a long history of sporadic play, so let’s just say I’ll be pleasantly surprised if we win the division. 

There's a reason why, when I and others were okay with rolling with Colt, we anticipated a losing season. We could still probably win the division if the run game holds up and the defense remains stout. But Colt is a live wire.

Archived