Alex Smith requires emergency surgery; recovery time 6-8 months

naptownskinsfan

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I think the majority of us thought it would be Colt and a rookie. 

And Hind sight being 20/20 it should have been.  We had no business trading Fuller and our 3rd for a 34 year old QB and paying him this crazy money.  This mistake by the FO (most likely Bruce Allen) will cost us dearly in the next couple of years.

45 minutes ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

And Hind sight being 20/20 it should have been.  We had no business trading Fuller and our 3rd for a 34 year old QB and paying him this crazy money.  This mistake by the FO (most likely Bruce Allen) will cost us dearly in the next couple of years.

It was Bruce. There was absolutely no need to make the trade and then agreeing to send Fuller was just so idiotic. The Redskins went into win-now mode with a QB who’s never won anything. I don’t hate Alex Smith but I certainly hated his fit with this team. It’s why I killed this trade from the beginning. You simply cannot make a move for a safe, game manager when your coach wants to throw the ball down the field. 

I truly believed if the decision was up to Jay he would’ve benched Alex. Kirk aggravated him with his safe play so imagine what it must’ve been like for him to watch Alex? This is the McNabb trade all over again. I do feel bad for Jay in a sense. I do think he’s a good coach who catches a ton of flak for things that are completely out of his control. I do think Dan loves Jay though and I simply don’t see Jay going anywhere. He’ll get an extension and we’ll pair him with Kyle Smith. Bruce is gone after this year in my opinion. 

8 hours ago, lavar703 said:

It was Bruce. There was absolutely no need to make the trade and then agreeing to send Fuller was just so idiotic. The Redskins went into win-now mode with a QB who’s never won anything. I don’t hate Alex Smith but I certainly hated his fit with this team. It’s why I killed this trade from the beginning. You simply cannot make a move for a safe, game manager when your coach wants to throw the ball down the field. 

I truly believed if the decision was up to Jay he would’ve benched Alex. Kirk aggravated him with his safe play so imagine what it must’ve been like for him to watch Alex? This is the McNabb trade all over again. I do feel bad for Jay in a sense. I do think he’s a good coach who catches a ton of flak for things that are completely out of his control. I do think Dan loves Jay though and I simply don’t see Jay going anywhere. He’ll get an extension and we’ll pair him with Kyle Smith. Bruce is gone after this year in my opinion. 

Not really sure you can say Alex has never “won anything,” he’s the second winningest QB this decade behind only Tom Brady. 

Also, as I’ve pointed out many times, he had the 49ers w/in an overtime FG from the Giants - where the49ers  lost the coin flip and never saw the ball - from going to the Super Bowl in 2011. 

I know, I know but Kap replaced him the following year and they did go to the Super Bowl... There’s no doubt in my mind that’s Alex could’ve done the same if he hadn’t got the concussion in 2012 and had remained the 49ers starter all that year. I mean Alex was 5-2 when he got his concussion.

And before you say, “winning is a team stat,” you’re the one who brought up that he’s “NEVER won anything!”

Which, yes, if you consider winning the Super Bowl as the only that equates to “Anything,” that would be true but he’s damn sure won a lot of games this decade and that’s more than we can say for the Redskins whether it was McNabb, Grossman, RG3 or Kirk starting.

Lastly, you can wake up from that dream you’re having, Bruce isn’t going to be gone. Dan has continuously given Bruce everything he’s wanted since he hired Bruce at the end of the 09 season.

1. Shanahan 

2. Bruce & RG3 won the power struggle over the Shanahan’s

3. To hire Jay

4. To hire McCloughan to handle the draft

5. To fire MCCloughan so Bruce could have more control bc his ego took a hit when McCloughan got credit for building a better 2015 team than Bruce’s 2014 debacle.

So, in my eyes, Dan loves Bruce and he sees the Allen family as Redskins royalty. Dan also likes it that he can be in the background and have someone like Bruce, Jay and to a lesser extent Doug, always be out front taking the media hits. Bruce takes the heat for Dan and Dan likes that. I don’t think Bruce is going anywhere as long as the team is competitive. I think it’s a pipe dream that he’s gone.

9 hours ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

I thought hindsight was 50/50, that’s what Cam & Spurier said! 😂 

Lavar I sure hope so that Dan sees the light and fires Bruce.  It seems every wrong move this team makes it has his signature all over it.  I just hope Colt can stay health and plays well the rest of the year because I would think that should be a couple of nails in Bruce's coffin. 

11 hours ago, taylor made said:

Gruden shouldn't get a pass for Alex Smith. He was on board. It is time to clear house and rebuild.

Gruden didn’t even know about the trade. Neither did anyone else in the front office with the exception of Dan and that makes the deal even more absurd. Being on board with it is relative because Jay really has no choice. 

When Mackenzie is fired this off-season in Oakland and Bruce joins Jon then I’ll say I told you so. The team isn’t going to lose Kyle Smith the way they lost McVay and if AJ is anything like his father he’s not going to stand for being named a faux GM. Bruce is gone after this season. 

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Not really sure you can say Alex has never “won anything,” he’s the second winningest QB this decade behind only Tom Brady. 

Also, as I’ve pointed out many times, he had the 49ers w/in an overtime FG from the Giants - where the49ers  lost the coin flip and never saw the ball - from going to the Super Bowl in 2011. 

I know, I know but Kap replaced him the following year and they did go to the Super Bowl... There’s no doubt in my mind that’s Alex could’ve done the same if he hadn’t got the concussion in 2012 and had remained the 49ers starter all that year. I mean Alex was 5-2 when he got his concussion.

And before you say, “winning is a team stat,” you’re the one who brought up that he’s “NEVER won anything!”

Which, yes, if you consider winning the Super Bowl as the only that equates to “Anything,” that would be true but he’s damn sure won a lot of games this decade and that’s more than we can say for the Redskins whether it was McNabb, Grossman, RG3 or Kirk starting.

Lastly, you can wake up from that dream you’re having, Bruce isn’t going to be gone. Dan has continuously given Bruce everything he’s wanted since he hired Bruce at the end of the 09 season.

1. Shanahan 

2. Bruce & RG3 won the power struggle over the Shanahan’s

3. To hire Jay

4. To hire McCloughan to handle the draft

5. To fire MCCloughan so Bruce could have more control bc his ego took a hit when McCloughan got credit for building a better 2015 team than Bruce’s 2014 debacle.

So, in my eyes, Dan loves Bruce and he sees the Allen family as Redskins royalty. Dan also likes it that he can be in the background and have someone like Bruce, Jay and to a lesser extent Doug, always be out front taking the media hits. Bruce takes the heat for Dan and Dan likes that. I don’t think Bruce is going anywhere as long as the team is competitive. I think it’s a pipe dream that he’s gone.

Don't forget that Bruce Allen has those all-important political connections in Virginia that can get Snyder his publically-funded stadium there, or give him leverage when negotiating with either DC or MD for the same thing.  

45 minutes ago, taylor made said:

I don't believe it. He needs to be fired.

That’s fine that you don’t believe it but it’s we’ll documented. Dan and Bruce made this trade. I’m not assigning blame to a guy that has little control over the roster. 

32 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

That’s fine that you don’t believe it but it’s we’ll documented. Dan and Bruce made this trade. I’m not assigning blame to a guy that has little control over the roster. 

Yep, it’s definitely true. Jay said as much in an interview bc Jay is a lousy liar - as opposed to our former HC - which, I actually love about Jay! He speaks the truth. 

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Don't forget that Bruce Allen has those all-important political connections in Virginia that can get Snyder his publically-funded stadium there, or give him leverage when negotiating with either DC or MD for the same thing.  

I don’t buy into that either. The Redskins are big business and VA wants the team badly. I’m expecting the stadium to end up in NoVa somewhere or National Harbor. And they don’t need Bruce to secure that deal. 

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I don’t buy into that either. The Redskins are big business and VA wants the team badly. I’m expecting the stadium to end up in NoVa somewhere or National Harbor. And they don’t need Bruce to secure that deal. 

Eh, Bruce definitely has political connections bc of his brother.

19 hours ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

I will have a more lengthy topic in this, but yes. Bruce Allen has almost single handedly screwed this team's chances at being competitive over the next five years.

Archived