Alex Smith leg injury and what it means for the NFC East

Rodjahs12

Haven’t seen any official word on the injury yet but have to believe his season is over. With Washington currently leading the east with Philadelphia disappointing and Dallas being Dallas, does this change anything? Puts Washington in a very difficult position looking ahead. 

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Alex Smith getting injured only helps the Redskins.  He’s been terrible.

It's so weird. He hasn't been this bad in a long time. I would have thought the scheme would be a great match, but I guess not? Doesn't make much sense. I know that the Washington skill position players aren't the greatest, but he's worked with worse in the past to be honest, and still had some modicum of success. 

I'm going to hitch my wagon to the Cowboys at this point. Sounds crazy maybe, but I Liked the defense for the most part, and the end of season schedule sets up nicely for them to be honest. 3 games against Washington, Philly and the Giants are all in the division and easily winnable at this point, plus another game against the Bucs. The saints are largely an auto loss, but the Colts could go either way (though I would favor the colts). 4-2 in the last six is very doable, and I think 9 wins gets it done in this division. 

I don't think it does much. Redskins were 6-3 in spite of Alex Smith. Going to Colt is a downgrade, don't get me wrong, but the point is they were never going to win through the passing game. They can still win 9 or 10 games, enough for the NFCE, with Colt.

Cowboys are probably my new favorite after the Atlanta win, but it has nothing to do with Smith's injury. Just 5-5 w/ their remaining 6, which includes Eagles, Giants, Bucs and 4 homes games, and I like their chances. Looking like NFCE comes down to the Thanksgiving matchup, so we won't have to wait long. Winner is easily in driver's seat.

Archived