Jalen Ramsey hopes to ink long-term deal this offseason

.Buzz

What's the deal with Ramsey? Everyone knows hes arguably the best CB in the league, however he seems to be a distraction. 

You guys would know much more than me, are there serious talks about moving him? Can you actually see it happen? What do you think the compensation would be?

5 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What's the deal with Ramsey? Everyone knows hes arguably the best CB in the league, however he seems to be a distraction. 

You guys would know much more than me, are there serious talks about moving him? Can you actually see it happen? What do you think the compensation would be?

Is he really a distraction? He's distracted by how terrible the offense is and how little help he gets from that side of the ball

5 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

i cant see the team trading him.  id expect the compensation to be absurd almost like the mack trade but with late round picks going back at most. 

i guess the 2 most relevent kinda trades for Elite Corners were:

1) the Revis deal which was a top 15 pick and a conditional but he was also 27 and i believe on a franchise tag. 

2) Champ Bailey and a 2nd round pick for Clinton portis(2nd year was looking like an all-pro).

if the jags were gonna trade him id expect atleast 2 1st rounders and probably a 2nd rounder and a 4th.  

13 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Is he really a distraction? He's distracted by how terrible the offense is and how little help he gets from that side of the ball

he talks alot so im not suprised people call him a distraction for that. he would be better if he had a DC that put our defense in a better position to succeed. im talking press man. play your safeties back if u want or man across the board or even a cover 1. 

half the problems was ramsey prefers playing press man and wash would call cover 3. 

16 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

i cant see the team trading him.  id expect the compensation to be absurd almost like the mack trade but with late round picks going back at most. 

i guess the 2 most relevent kinda trades for Elite Corners were:

1) the Revis deal which was a top 15 pick and a conditional but he was also 27 and i believe on a franchise tag. 

2) Champ Bailey and a 2nd round pick for Clinton portis(2nd year was looking like an all-pro).

if the jags were gonna trade him id expect atleast 2 1st rounders and probably a 2nd rounder and a 4th.  

There is no chance we get that for Ramsey though especially when he is going to get a massive payday

On 18/01/2019 at 5:02 PM, LinderFournette said:

he talks alot so im not suprised people call him a distraction for that. he would be better if he had a DC that put our defense in a better position to succeed. im talking press man. play your safeties back if u want or man across the board or even a cover 1. 

half the problems was ramsey prefers playing press man and wash would call cover 3. 

The guy being complained about there...is the DC who put Jalen in position to be a friggen' All Pro.

The stuff about the Offense being wet rotting garbage is legit, and i understand frustration there.  But it's not like just playing press man all day every day no matter what the opposing offense does is a good idea in the slightest.  Especially in today's NFL.  People act like this is a magic cure all for what ails this defense and it's kinda goofy imo.  If that's Jalen's problem here...he needs to realize he's a top tier CB, and not a tactical master of coordinating an entire defense.  You don't build a defense just to make Jalen look good.  He's good because he can do a lot of different things when asked.  If he doesn't want to do a lot of different things, booo hooo.

17 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

There is no chance we get that for Ramsey though especially when he is going to get a massive payday

Yeah.  That impending contract looms pretty large over his potential value in trade.  Right now, he's probably the best value in the league at CB.  But he's got a year left on that deal, and has made it pretty darn clear he doesn't want to play on the 5th year option.  So you're going to be trading for a 1-year piece who is probably going to be asking for the biggest contract ever given to an NFL CB...if not just the biggest defensive player deal, or biggest deal altogether.  That's not a fun thing to have looming if you're trading those sort of premium assets for him...even if he can be a bigtime difference maker on the boundary.

Archived