Redskins Smith breaks leg

Manny/Patrick

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I missed it. Is it career threatening? 

I'm not an expert, but Theismann suffered the same injury and didn't come back from it.  Medical procedures and knowledge has advanced since then, but it will all depend on how well the breaks heal- Theismann ended up with his leg being shorter, and that hindered him and he was cut after his attempted comeback.  Smith, like Theismann, is in his mid-30's, so it's going to be a long, uphill rehab.  And if his leg doesn't heal right, especially since it's his planting foot and he relies so much on mobility, he could call it a career.  

3 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Thiesmans jersey number was 7.

Alex smiths jersey number is 11.

7+11 = 18 (november 18th)

Both the Theismann game and this game ended in a 23-21 score. 

Romeo Crennel was on the sidelines for the Giants as ST coordinator, and for the Texans as DC 

Theismann was 35 when it happened, Smith 34 (older QBs) 

LT Joe Jacoby was out with injury for Theismann, and Smith was without LT Trent Williams 

53 NFL games have ended with the 23-21 score.  The Redskins were involved in three of those games, all on November 18th. 

7 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Correct. It needs to stop. 

Bradford might be the right call here. And I know that @lavar703 is feeling like Nostradamus for pushing for us to get Mason Rudolph when he fell in the draft.

god bradford would be like the worst option IMO. they need to get someone sturdy

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Both the Theismann game and this game ended in a 23-21 score. 

Romeo Crennel was on the sidelines for the Giants as ST coordinator, and for the Texans as DC 

Theismann was 35 when it happened, Smith 34 (older QBs) 

LT Joe Jacoby was out with injury for Theismann, and Smith was without LT Trent Williams 

53 NFL games have ended with the 23-21 score.  The Redskins were involved in three of those games, all on November 18th. 

Also, a 3 time DPOY(Lawrence Taylor) broke Theismann's leg on a sack. JJ Watt(also a 3 time DPOY) was part of the sack.

Spooky weird

11 hours ago, ET80 said:

Saw the break, really bad. Felt horrible for Smith, his ankle was dangling, really bad break.

Could this terrible injury be career threatening?  

nm 

I feel bad for him.  Perhaps with the advances in medicine today he can come back from this.  

50 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Could this terrible injury be career threatening?  

nm 

I feel bad for him.  Perhaps with the advances in medicine today he can come back from this.  

I don’t think it would be career threatening if he was younger, but given that he’s 34, the road back might be more difficult and he might just call it quits.

Depending on the severity and any nerve damage that’s been done, he should make a full recovery. 

5 hours ago, DigInBoys said:

I know that we aren't supposed to discuss politics here, but this was reported from someone in our media group yesterday- Bruce Allen has a hard "no" towards Kaepernick because Allen is a staunch conservative who doesn't want Kaepernick on the roster.  This was apparently told to the entire front office at one point. 

EDIT: Sorry, that came from Mike Florio from PFT

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/18/kaepernick-hasnt-heard-from-washington-and-likely-wont/

55 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

I don’t think it would be career threatening if he was younger, but given that he’s 34, the road back might be more difficult and he might just call it quits.

Depending on the severity and any nerve damage that’s been done, he should make a full recovery. 

He also uses his legs quite a bit, and the injury is to his plant foot.  Theismann's leg, when all said it done, ended up being shorter than it was before.  Also, there is a risk of infection and the complications surrounding that.  

He's fully guaranteed the $71 million that was agreed upon when he signed the contract, and the Redskins are also responsible for the cap hit too.  

Archived