Jump to content
Manny/Patrick

Redskins Smith breaks leg

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I know that we aren't supposed to discuss politics here, but this was reported from someone in our media group yesterday- Bruce Allen has a hard "no" towards Kaepernick because Allen is a staunch conservative who doesn't want Kaepernick on the roster.  This was apparently told to the entire front office at one point. 

EDIT: Sorry, that came from Mike Florio from PFT

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/18/kaepernick-hasnt-heard-from-washington-and-likely-wont/

Dan Snyder will never allow it either. Ignore all the other stuff about him, the guy still has no desire to put together a team that actually wins games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Dan Snyder will never allow it either. Ignore all the other stuff about him, the guy still has no desire to put together a team that actually wins games. 

Yeah, cause Kap would certainly help them win games. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DawgX said:

Yeah, cause Kap would certainly help them win games. LOL

He certainly wasn't helping the 9ers. His game 'skills' declined steadily after that Super Bowl fail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Yeah, cause Kap would certainly help them win games. LOL

Name me a QB Washington is bringing in that is better than Kaep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Name me a QB Washington is bringing in that is better than Kaep.

Colt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Name me a QB Washington is bringing in that is better than Kaep.

It's not that he's worse than McCoy or Hogan, but he's not good either. If he was truly a good QB, he would have been signed by now, IMO. Is he better than some QBs in the league? Yeah, but not many. And he's not worth the headache that he would potentially cause. The risk is not worth the minimal reward for any team's management to sign him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Colt.

Colt McCoy, the backup QB so great that he can still backup himself while starting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Text is a poor medium to convey sarcasm and even jokes. Its why emojis are available.

I assume everyone would get the link with Alex and Kaep. My second part was a Seinfeld reference. 😁😁😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Name me a QB Washington is bringing in that is better than Kaep.

Kaepernick would be a poor fit in Gruden's west coast offense.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I'm not an expert, but Theismann suffered the same injury and didn't come back from it.  Medical procedures and knowledge has advanced since then, but it will all depend on how well the breaks heal- Theismann ended up with his leg being shorter, and that hindered him and he was cut after his attempted comeback.  Smith, like Theismann, is in his mid-30's, so it's going to be a long, uphill rehab.  And if his leg doesn't heal right, especially since it's his planting foot and he relies so much on mobility, he could call it a career.  

It’s the same injury that Paul George suffered as well.  He was back within 12 months

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Kaepernick would be a poor fit in Gruden's west coast offense.  

Kaepernick...the guy who played with Alex Smith in SF in the same offense Smith ran and then came in took that offense to the Superbowl, would be a poor fit?

Well I guess this is all a moot point because y'all just signed Mark f'n Sanchez, so good luck with ole' butt fumble.

EDIT: Speaking of..

 

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Kaepernick...the guy who played with Alex Smith in SF in the same offense Smith ran and then came in took that offense to the Superbowl, would be a poor fit?

Well I guess this is all a moot point because y'all just signed Mark f'n Sanchez, so good luck with ole' butt fumble.

EDIT: Speaking of..

 

Alex Smith has been a terrible fit in Gruden's offense so far.  Go back and watch the Redskins games this year, they have been winning games in spite of Alex Smith not because of him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always terrible to see this to anyone. Smith's one of my favorite QB's in the league. I wish him nothing but the best at this time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Alex Smith has been a terrible fit in Gruden's offense so far.  Go back and watch the Redskins games this year, they have been winning games in spite of Alex Smith not because of him.

I'll just patiently wait here for 2-3 weeks for your tune to change about Alex Smith, because I guarantee it will once you've had a full dose of Colt McCoy or Mark Sanchez.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'll just patiently wait here for 2-3 weeks for your tune to change about Alex Smith, because I guarantee it will once you've had a full dose of Colt McCoy or Mark Sanchez.

Lol, I don't think you understand my "tune".  I'm baffled we were 6-3 with Alex Smith because he was playing so poorly.  I'm very confident we would likely have lost the division with Smith continuing at QB.  Even if we made the playoffs, I guarantee we would have been spanked in the first round.  I expect the same result with Colt McCoy at QB.  So how exactly is there going to be a different result with our new QB?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×