Redskins Smith breaks leg

Manny/Patrick

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

- Theismann broke his leg in a home game in Washington DC. Smith broke his leg in a home game in Washington DC.

- The final score in both games was 23-21.

- 3 time DPOY Lawrence Taylor was in on the play that broke Theismann's leg. 3 time DPOY JJ Watt was in on the play that broke Smith's leg. 

- Both Smith and Theismann were on the 40 yard line when they got hit. 

in 1985, also in week 11, the broncos beat the chargers

after both games, the Redskins had 6 wins

both games had 8 sacks

joe thiesmanns current wife had the last name Smith.

10 hours ago, ET80 said:

- Theismann broke his leg in a home game in Washington DC. Smith broke his leg in a home game in Washington DC.

- The final score in both games was 23-21.

- 3 time DPOY Lawrence Taylor was in on the play that broke Theismann's leg. 3 time DPOY JJ Watt was in on the play that broke Smith's leg. 

- Both Smith and Theismann were on the 40 yard line when they got hit. 

Theismann was in attendance this game too. Incredibly eerie.

3 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Didn't Theismann's femur break? I thought Joe's injury was the upper leg whereas Alex's is the lower leg? If so, that is a significant difference.

Both were tibia/fibula breaks. Theismann had a compound fracture, Smith had a compound AND spiral fracture. 

4 hours ago, Woz said:

When the middle of your leg does the Ms. America wave as you're falling down, it's never good.

Watching it in real time - I didn't think twice about it, but then they closed in on Smith, frantically taking off his helmet and trying to rip his jersey off. I knew then it was bad, but never figured it was THAT bad until they showed the slo mo replay...

Reminded me of Nick Fitzgerald last season for MSU...

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

If he retires because of injury does he get the 71 million guaranteed?

That would be tempting if it was.

Smith is probably very smart with his money - he's got his Masters' in Economics (3.79 GPA, earned in 3.5 years) and was one of the "bonus baby" #1 picks before the rookie cap was implemented. I'd wager he's turned that money into a lot more by now.

So, if he returns - it's simply because he loves to play football, not because of the money.

For those that need to know, Smith is guaranteed for injury the 71M, so yeah, there was a chance. And of course, our front office was unequivically stupid and paid a 34 year old QB that kind of money with no real way to get out of it. 

Why oh why do I continue to be a fan of this depression called the Redskins? 

Archived