2018 Playoffs

HDsportsfan

Realistically, if we beat Wash and Philly, the division is as good as ours.

We are 1 game up on Philly and we beat them head to head, we are 1 down on Wash but they are losing players at an alarming rate.

Philly and Wash have to play one another twice.

If we beat Wash they have 5 losses. If Philly beats them even once they have 6 losses.

If we beat Philly they have 7 losses and we will have swept them.

If Philly loses the 2nd game to Wash, they have 8 losses.

If they win Wash has 7 losses and multiple losses in the division.

If we beat Wash, Philly and the NYG, we would ONLY have 1 loss in the division -Wash.

So, if we all finish 9-7 and we have ONLY the one loss in the division, we would win the East.

9-7 is assuming we lose 2 more games, NOT in the division and Philly and Wash win 9 games respectively.

FiveThirtyEight gives us a 46% chance of making the playoffs after Sunday's win. Seems like you would probably bump that up above 50% given Alex Smith's injury.

It's not hard to imagine a scenario where we win enough games to get the Wild Card. But it is hard to imagine a scenario where winning that number of games doesn't also result in winning the NFC East. 

48 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I hate that we have already started this thread. Nothing good can come of it. @Matts4313 you'll have to keep that good mojo going with the GDT.

Sorry man, it's that time of year regardless of the timing. If we were leading the division I probably wouldn't have started it.

Besides, next to GB/Slappers I never start any threads. Let me please have this. Get off my crank. You never let me have any fun.

Week 12 Thu. 11/22 vs. Washington Redskins 4:30 PM ET FOX  Get Tickets  
Week 13 Thu. 11/29 vs. New Orleans Saints 8:20 PM ET FOX  Get Tickets  
Week 14 Sun. 12/9 vs. Philadelphia Eagles 4:25 PM ET FOX  Get Tickets  
Week 15 Sun. 12/16 @ Indianapolis Colts 1:00 PM ET FOX  Get Tickets  
Week 16 Sun. 12/23 vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1:00 PM ET FOX  Get Tickets  
Week 17 Sun. 12/30 @ New York Giants 1:00 PM ET FOX  Get Tickets  

That's not a bad schedule to finish. Probably get smoked by Saints, but the rest is manageable.

Just wish the Indy saints game are swapped we have a much better chance beating Indy at home then road.  With that 9-7 is doable though hate at Giants is last game of season. I have yet to see us play even close to well in cold bad weather last few years 

Archived