2018 Playoffs

HDsportsfan

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

How is that a jinx? I asked a hypothetical. 

A jinx would be "we are winning the division in 6 days". See the difference? Now that I *have* jinxed us, I shall do my salt throwing. 

Whatever you are doing, don't stop.

5 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

According to 538's simulator, even if we lose our last 3 games, we'd win the division 80% of the time.

I find that hard to believe (not doubting you) and odd that a team sitting at 8-5 can have an 80% chance of still winning the division if we lose out.

Just Show's how weak the division is I guess.

Honestly, you play this game hard this week because Luck is as good a test as any...

But with the Eagles certainly to be smoked to Rams coming off a loss and Skins losing 3-0 in Jacksonville we take the division by the end of the night.

If that’s the case I think you treat it as a third and fourth preseason schedule.

Obviously you want to be sharp at home on week 16, but NYG is a BS game. Unless the Giants are playing for the last slot in the NFC that weekend just sit them and gear up for Seattle. 

We might have a cold weather game in Chicago in the NFC Championship but playing outdoors in NY doesn’t help with the preparations.

32 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

Honestly, you play this game hard this week because Luck is as good a test as any...

But with the Eagles certainly to be smoked to Rams coming off a loss and Skins losing 3-0 in Jacksonville we take the division by the end of the night.

If that’s the case I think you treat it as a third and fourth preseason schedule.

Obviously you want to be sharp at home on week 16, but NYG is a BS game. Unless the Giants are playing for the last slot in the NFC that weekend just sit them and gear up for Seattle. 

We might have a cold weather game in Chicago in the NFC Championship but playing outdoors in NY doesn’t help with the preparations.

The last time we were in this position with Romo we played all our starters in Washington I believe. I wouldn't be surprised if JG does it again.

17 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

2016 against the Eagles. Starters got the first quarter. 

I almost feel better being a WC team. The last two times we had a bye we looked really rusty. The last time we were a WC team we looked pretty good.

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I almost feel better being a WC team. The last two times we had a bye we looked really rusty. The last time we were a WC team we looked pretty good.

Wild card round is just easier opponents.

We got shut down in the Lions game at home for most of the game.

I don’t think Seattle has the horses to stay with us but it will be a very tight game. Honestly depends on who’s healthy and playing well going in.

20 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

2016 against the Eagles. Starters got the first quarter. 

I could have sworn we played a last game of the season with no playoff implications (we were in already and seeds determined)in DC. It was rainy and soggy. And we stil played our starters.

I just want to get in sometimes I worry about keeping momentum going but right now I want Elliot to get as much rest as possible as well as Smith Martin etc and let’s not have Lee get hurt again.   Mostly doesn’t matter Seattle or Minny at home different problems Wilson can be clutch but Minny plays a better over all D

at NO or LA flip a coin hard game but both winnable with our D and if our running game is on point 

4 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

And that’s because these albatross QB contracts cripple the team. Look no further than what Romo’s ridiculous deal did to us. It leaves teams with a few options:

1. Stop doling out those insane deals and pay the player rather than the position.

2. Keep paying them at the expense of maintaining other players at key positions.

3. Force the QB to have its own independent salary cap that isn’t counted as part of the main salary cap in the next CBA negotiation.

4. Eliminate the salary cap.

Archived