Ah, D... Playoffs? Don't Talk About... Playoffs? You Kidding Me?

MacReady

AKA: The ESPN Playoff Machine Thread

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Quickest way to get back into the playoffs:
Panthers beat Seahawks
Packers beat Vikings
Redskins beat Cowboys

If those three games happen that way, the Packers have the #6 seed and control their destiny into the playoffs. 

The Redskins beating the Cowboys is less-likely now.  We might have to go into the second week. 

However, it is very difficult to create a scenario in which the Packers win out and miss the playoffs.  It's even a little unrealistic to create a scenario where the Packers miss the playoffs going 5-1 the rest of the way. 

Redskins beating the Cboys just got tough. The Panthers they are tough not sure where that game is with the chickens if it's in Seattle i could see a Seattle victory. At the end of the day we've put ourselves in this whole, if anyone can dig out we can we have the talent but we have some tough games in front of us. First and foremost we must play well in MN Sunday night MN is no slouch in their barn. GO Pack.

Heck, even if Seattle beats Carolina and we win, we're only a half game back of the Panthers, who have two games remaining against New Orleans.

I'd feel so much better if we'd won our game last week, but with our remaining schedule we are very, very much still in the hunt.

23 hours ago, Norm said:

I don't actively want to lose but this is the first time I can recall being completely indifferent to making it. 

I'm still all in this week. If (after) we lose to Minnesota to bump our road record to an impressive 0-6, I'll be calling for Rodgers and Adams to hit IR and anything we can actively do to prevent us from winning another game all year. 

NFC Playoff picture:

Pre-Week 12 Sunday game standings:

1. New Orleans 10 + 1  ** (projected Division winner)
2. Los Angeles 10 + 1   **
3. Chicago 8 + 3             **
4. Dallas 6+ 5                  **
5. Carolina 6 + 4
6. Minnesota 5 - 4 + 1

7. Washington 6 + 5
8. Seattle 5 + 5
9. Green Bay 4 - 5 + 1
10. Philadelphia 4 + 6
11. Atlanta 4 + 7
12. Detroit 4 + 7

Projected Post-Week 12 Sunday game standings:

1. New Orleans 10 + 1  ** (projected Division winner)
2. Los Angeles 10 + 1   **
3. Chicago 8 + 3             **
4. Dallas 6 + 5                 **
5. Carolina 6 + 5
6. Washington 6 + 5

7. Seattle 6 + 5
8. Green Bay 5 - 5 + 1
9. Minnesota 5 - 5 + 1

10. Philadelphia 5 + 6
11. Atlanta 4 + 7
12. Detroit 4 + 7

Green Bay has to win. Period. No more treading water.
Washington and Seattle have head to head tie break against us - but I think Washington's gonna drop out of contention in coming weeks.
Carolina losing to Seattle today brings them back to the WC pack. Even though they play New Orleans twice, just dont want to see them getting to 7 + 4 ahead of us. 
Would like to see the NYG take out Philadelphia and get them off our back - just dont think they'll do it.

So....today.....

GB must win.
CAR must lose.
and
PHI losing to the NYGs would be nice.

This would make the best WC record 6+5 and give GB clearer shot at both/either.
The tie breaks will sort themselves out in coming games and weeks. Just get one game back today. Thats the goal.

Let's say we get a WC spot, what then?  This team does not resemble our 2010 squad at all.   I have a feeling the Saints will get the #1 seed unless they implode big time in the next 5/6 weeks.  I can't see us going to the Big Easy and upsetting that team.

Archived