Should the Lions trade Stafford?

Karnage84

20 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

If something could be worked out with the money and we received a 1st, 3rd and 2020 2nd then I think we can at least consider the move. I think it's overall a very difficult because we make that deal assuming that BQ/MP can build a team with all of those picks. However, a franchise QB is very difficult to find... even a guy who is top 15 can be difficult (which Stafford is even if on the bottom end)...so you should be able to build a team around a guy like that.

So either a) Stafford isn't a franchise QB and we need to move on from him regardless or b) the front office is inadequate in building a team.  

For the Lions it seems either or. That the way it is when your the worst organization in sports. The best and most proper thing to do is both... You do both at the same time... No way you trust BOB QUINN to Trade Stafford for future value, you don't trust him to draft those players, and absolutely no way I give him a chance to muck up my cap with or without Stafford( He's going to mess up the Lions cap situation this off-season signing a bunch of people to save his job. )

A real organization would trade Stafford, for what you said, and give the keys to someone else to spend all the cap money that'd come off the following year. Trading Stafford now and firing everyone and bringing in a whole new crew is way, way, too pro-active for these loser owner we have. Lions haven't ever really since MIllen even cleaned out completely, they promoted Matt Millens under-study... lol. (Though the Roy Williams trade was impressive by Mayhew.) Everyone everywhere in our organization right now guys, they are in over there heads. GM/Head Coach/ All coaches actually... EVERYONE execpt possibly our president who's doing a good job running/managing the "business."

Guys, it's so terrible. We're literally the worst organization of all sports. Point to any team you wanna compare to and you'll see the sun is setting a little better than it is here, even in Cleveland with the Browns... 

I sincerely wish, and people say, Nah dont be like that, but honestly I wish the Lions where one of the teams to move to LA. I'd gladdly adopt another franchise and look for expansion even(yes expansion in football within Canada/America should happen. )

I respect people that seem to find some light with hope of a new coordinator and better supporting cast of talent but... Man. IDk, I don't trust Quinn will bring in the right guys. He's a liar...  I don't trust Patrcia knows what he wants in guys. There's not much they've done since the Matt Patrcia hire really that I've agreed with or looks right. I mean most reasonable people realized things were fishy when Quinn hired a 1st time head coach to lead a team higher when it was a fringe playoff team three years in a row... Set your new coach up for failure almost immediately if he didn't make the playoffs lol... And whats happening, worst, they're regressing and the coach looks just as bad as the last. 

It's tough, I like football alot, but man... The Lions, our Detroit Lions, literally act like we are all stupid constantly with the football moves they do and the reasoning they give behind it. Some of you buy it up as soon as the beat writers print it. Like the Dave Birkett story saying we can't trade Stafford...  yeah you can, Lions just won't because it's a spineless organization. You aren't winning anything next year anyways, so get proactive, move the guy, speed up the inevitable rebuild by a year or two... sheesh, we're not winning a Superbowl with Stafford . Instead of selling a stale fart next year with Stafford and crew Lions could sell the Fans hope and a rebuild. They won't even want to or will do that though. Lions have no guts, they'll roll the dice with Stafford cause he's a known commoditty to them and the organization has no skill/confidence in replacing/looking for someone better than Stafford. They're worried already about replacing Stafford 5 years from now... Not to mention fan boys like me and others will love the free agents they're about to over pay this off-season. 

Why would you trade Stafford? If push comes to shove, replace your FO and HC. You don't trade Stafford. That's not going to solve your problems. You have a better chance of solving your problems by finding a coach and FO that play to Stafford's strengths.

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Why would you trade Stafford? If push comes to shove, replace your FO and HC. You don't trade Stafford. That's not going to solve your problems. You have a better chance of solving your problems by finding a coach and FO that play to Stafford's strengths.

Lol, So Stafford would be on his fourth HC, third GM and I'm suppose to expect something different?

Don't let Stathew Padford fool you man. Dude's pretty good, I'm not saying he's a loser or anything but 28 million? Teams best player type dude... You're clearly in trouble and not a playoff contender if thats that case. 

Honestly if he was signed anywhere from 22-15 million per year I don't think we're having the same conversation. 

On 11/30/2018 at 5:00 AM, SimbaWho said:

Lol, So Stafford would be on his fourth HC, third GM and I'm suppose to expect something different?

Don't let Stathew Padford fool you man. Dude's pretty good, I'm not saying he's a loser or anything but 28 million? Teams best player type dude... You're clearly in trouble and not a playoff contender if thats that case. 

Honestly if he was signed anywhere from 22-15 million per year I don't think we're having the same conversation. 

@jrry32 is a Rams fan, man. He kinda knows a thing or two about the impact a coaching change can have. Goff looked like trash under Jeff Fisher, and now he looks like one of the better QBs in the NFL under McVay. Stop looking at the money Stafford is paid, it's irrelevant because you're going to have to pay any other halfway decent QB just as much with how the QB market is going. In a year or two his contract will look like a steal.

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

With a more innovative OC, y'all should be fine. Stafford isn't the reason why you're struggling.

I've been tryna tell people. He's out there with a traffic cone at RG, a corpse at RB, and a bunch of misfit toys at TE and WR. And he's got an OC that is way in over his head. He finally just figured out these past two weeks that you have to use Blount in zone if he's gonna be on the field, he doesn't have the burst or ability to change direction multiple times to operate in a gap or man scheme. It took him over two whole months to figure something out that he should've known before the start of the season.

They need to fire JBC like right now and offer Kingsbury a ton of money to come here and be the OC for a few years.

8 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

I've been tryna tell people. He's out there with a traffic cone at RG, a corpse at RB, and a bunch of misfit toys at TE and WR. And he's got an OC that is way in over his head. He finally just figured out these past two weeks that you have to use Blount in zone if he's gonna be on the field, he doesn't have the burst or ability to change direction multiple times to operate in a gap or man scheme. It took him over two whole months to figure something out that he should've known before the start of the season.

They need to fire JBC like right now and offer Kingsbury a ton of money to come here and be the OC for a few years.

To be fair to your RG, Aaron Donald made your LG and C look like turnstiles too. :P

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

To be fair to your RG, Aaron Donald made your LG and C look like turnstiles too. :P

I feel bad for Ragnow. Donald beat him a few times, and honestly, I don't even know what you tell him when you watch that film. Just not much you can do when Donald does something insanely athletic. You just can't match it one-on-one.

1 minute ago, IDOG_det said:

I feel bad for Ragnow. Donald beat him a few times, and honestly, I don't even know what you tell him when you watch that film. Just not much you can do when Donald does something insanely athletic. You just can't match it one-on-one.

You tell him, "Don't worry, Frank, you don't have to play him again this year." ;)

36 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

What would you do to make the Lions a contender for the next 5 years?

Just now, Karnage84 said:

What would you do to make the Lions a contender for the next 5 years?

I'm almost settled on a mock offseason. Been working on it since the game vs the 49ers going back and forth between different scenarios, different FA's, different draft combo's, etc. Pretty much just splitting hairs between a few bottom-of-the-roster players and waiting/hoping they make the coaching change decision for me.

5 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

I'm almost settled on a mock offseason. Been working on it since the game vs the 49ers going back and forth between different scenarios, different FA's, different draft combo's, etc. Pretty much just splitting hairs between a few bottom-of-the-roster players and waiting/hoping they make the coaching change decision for me.

I had a much longer message but somehow it got deleted.

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing what you've worked out.

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

With a more innovative OC, y'all should be fine. Stafford isn't the main reason why you're struggling.

FIFY 

I still think Stafford has a boat load of talent but he is most definitely been a chunk of the reason. IDK exactly what’s going on in that head of his but he does not look the same this year at all. I know part of it can be contributed to feeling the pressure but he has made a few truly bone headed decisions at times this year. 

2 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

You know, I wasn't sold on Patricia with all the reports about locker room strife, but he comes up with some great gameplans against the best offenses in football. Find a quality OC, and y'all might have something next year. You're not miles off.

Archived