Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dome

Hate Week Part 2 - Thanksgiving Falcon Roast GDT

Recommended Posts

31 against a desperate team playing its super bowl. Yeah that's enough for me. Roast falcon is delicious. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing like ending your rivals season. God I love the feeling. Awesome win. Defense really stepped up with turnovers. Holding the Falcons to 17 points is awesome. Good win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2018 at 11:41 AM, Dome said:

Rankins/Cam/Anzalone/Davis combine for 4 sacks and are in on two turnovers whether by fumble, pressure or tipped passes

Called this tbh 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good game plan coming together. Some of those drops on offense could be concerning down the road. Also those a tighter game than I would be comfortable with; but it’s the Falcons and they always play tough. Running game is legit, TEs could work on hands. Defense looks good but also seems to get tired a little too easy for my liking. I hope this team continues to improve. I also hope they get #1 seed in playoffs so they get to stay in the warmth at home. Playing at soldier field I feel would be extremely difficult come playoff time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Saint_Anger13 said:

Good game plan coming together. Some of those drops on offense could be concerning down the road. Also those a tighter game than I would be comfortable with; but it’s the Falcons and they always play tough. Running game is legit, TEs could work on hands. Defense looks good but also seems to get tired a little too easy for my liking. I hope this team continues to improve. I also hope they get #1 seed in playoffs so they get to stay in the warmth at home. Playing at soldier field I feel would be extremely difficult come playoff time. 

Short week. Don't read too much into the drops and Drew being a little "off". Just glad the Saints got thru the short week with a win and no injuries. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SWATcha said:

Short week. Don't read too much into the drops and Drew being a little "off". Just glad the Saints got thru the short week with a win and no injuries. 

We all know they'll self criticize, hone up, and come out on point in Dallas next week. I'm really looking forward to that matchup!

Let's just count our blessings that we actually have a defense that can keep up in the W column when we "only score 31" against the Falcons.

Edited by Mid Iowa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s funny that the Saints are turning into the Crimson Tide. Winning isn’t good enough anymore...you have to get style points to build up that BCS ranking. 

The Saints can win just about any way possible. Through the first 11 games, I think that this is probably the best team in franchise history. And I’m absolutely giddy to get Davenport who could very well be the best player on our defense as soon as next season.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

We all know they'll self criticize, hone up, and come out on point in Dallas next week. I'm really looking forward to that matchup!

Let's just count our blessings that we actually have a defense that can keep up in the W column when we "only score 31" against the Falcons.

Me too. Really looking forward to seeing the Saints play Dallas. Full week of rest and prep, should be back to seeing our normal Saints. 

Edited by SWATcha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SWATcha said:

Me too. Really looking forward to seeing the Saints play Dallas. Full week of rest and prep, should be back to seeing our normal Saints. 

It’s awesome that after a huge win against a division opponent where we really played a great football game, we can still sit here and say “We’ll be better next week.”:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't expect a blowout at Dallas.  We should definitely win, and if we don't it'll be a big disappointment, but it's not likely we blow them out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I wouldn't expect a blowout at Dallas.  We should definitely win, and if we don't it'll be a big disappointment, but it's not likely we blow them out.

Boat race.

Not scared. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I wouldn't expect a blowout at Dallas.  We should definitely win, and if we don't it'll be a big disappointment, but it's not likely we blow them out.

I don't know, our run defense is stout, to say the least. Dak Prescott is not a top tier QB. He's certainly a good starter, but he is not top tier. The Cowboys have 1 new threat in cooper, and that's about it (in my book).
The Cowboys only noteworthy win this season was the drubbing of the Jaguars, which was part of the Jags downward spiral. Other than that, they've won games they should have, and lost some they shouldn't have. And they're part of a weak division.

I think we blow them out, or at least win by 3 possessions. Something like 42 - 17(24) with points coming in garbage time.

Garret is not creative with his play calling, and the Saints can compete against a vanilla offense every day of the week, and twice on Thursday.

The only reason people even think the Cowboys have a chance is due to great marketing of a shiny team, and a blabber mouth owner. Zek is a stud, so is Cooper, and that's it.

Oh, and I can't stand the Cowboys. I grew up with a big brother who is a Cowboys fan, and all of his friends are, too. The sound of their name being mentioned gives me mouth barf like sniffing tequila on the morning of your worst hangover you've ever had. It's like kissing that hot chick you've always had a crush on, right after she barfed and tried to cover it up by smoking a cigarette. It's like tasting something weird in your apple and then seeing half a caterpillar twitching out of your fresh bite mark. Almost as bad as poking your finger through the toilet paper when you're just starting your "paperwork", knowing you have to finish the big work before you can get to the sink. Almost as bad as hitting a fresh pile of dog s**t with your string trimmer, and having it explode up into your face and mouth (true story, too long to explain). Get the point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

I don't know, our run defense is stout, to say the least. Dak Prescott is not a top tier QB. He's certainly a good starter, but he is not top tier. The Cowboys have 1 new threat in cooper, and that's about it (in my book).
The Cowboys only noteworthy win this season was the drubbing of the Jaguars, which was part of the Jags downward spiral. Other than that, they've won games they should have, and lost some they shouldn't have. And they're part of a weak division.

I think we blow them out, or at least win by 3 possessions. Something like 42 - 17(24) with points coming in garbage time.

Garret is not creative with his play calling, and the Saints can compete against a vanilla offense every day of the week, and twice on Thursday.

The only reason people even think the Cowboys have a chance is due to great marketing of a shiny team, and a blabber mouth owner. Zek is a stud, so is Cooper, and that's it.

Oh, and I can't stand the Cowboys. I grew up with a big brother who is a Cowboys fan, and all of his friends are, too. The sound of their name being mentioned gives me mouth barf like sniffing tequila on the morning of your worst hangover you've ever had. It's like kissing that hot chick you've always had a crush on, right after she barfed and tried to cover it up by smoking a cigarette. It's like tasting something weird in your apple and then seeing half a caterpillar twitching out of your fresh bite mark. Almost as bad as poking your finger through the toilet paper when you're just starting your "paperwork", knowing you have to finish the big work before you can get to the sink. Almost as bad as hitting a fresh pile of dog s**t with your string trimmer, and having it explode up into your face and mouth (true story, too long to explain). Get the point?

Look, I hope we blow everybody out and never lose another game.

I'm only saying, the Cowboys are playing a lot better lately then they had been, and they have a legit defense.  Their offense is playing a lot better, and it's a road game for us.  They're not on our level by any means, but it could certainly be a tough game.  I think they're a better team than both Eagles and the Falcons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×