GDT: Celebrating TDay with the Natives; what could go wrong?

Matts4313

I always just ignore JJ it’s easier that way you can always count on him hamming it up saying something stupid 

there seems to be a narrative that you have to win a certain way well from my many many years watching....

just win baby is all that counts and loosing big to someone don’t matter much good team bad team. What matters is winning the close ones and just as important getting used to winning the close ones 

we have been with in one score in the 4th qtr at one point in every game we’ve lost this season so that also is a good sign. Making it 4-5 in finishing close games in the 4th qtr that is not good enough but not terrible either    Frankly I just want that trend to continue one more game    I think it will say a lot about us if we can stay with NO for three plus QTRs the arguably best team in the NFL

On 2018-11-25 at 5:46 AM, Tony7188 said:

So why come back now? What you call a "true fan" is blind homerism. There are a few fans here who subscribe to that and there are a few fans who don't on here. There is some logic to both trains of thought. But if you are too narrow minded to see that, I'm sure can keep your insults and 27 posts to yourself. I'm curious to what you think a discussion forum is? Do you even know the difference between an argument and a discussion? 

Lurk away.  

Argument: an exchange of diverging or opposite views, typically a heated or angry one

Discussion: the action or process of talking about something in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas.

read any thread on this forum, most seem to be heated/angry not just simply discussing ideas or opinions. 

I came amp back because I was excited about a big win against a divisional rival which put us in first place, to see people saying they would rather lose so JG gets fired. 

27 posts or 1,000,000 posts. Least I’m not as miserable as most people seem on this board. 

Go Cowboys!

5 hours ago, anthbes said:

Argument: an exchange of diverging or opposite views, typically a heated or angry one

Discussion: the action or process of talking about something in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas.

read any thread on this forum, most seem to be heated/angry not just simply discussing ideas or opinions. 

I came amp back because I was excited about a big win against a divisional rival which put us in first place, to see people saying they would rather lose so JG gets fired. 

27 posts or 1,000,000 posts. Least I’m not as miserable as most people seem on this board. 

Go Cowboys!

I understand supporting your team and I’m all for that. I always support my cowboys through and through. Never root for loses but that doesn’t mean you can’t be critical of the team you support and strive for better. Garrett makes situational football mistakes every single game. Such as burning a time-out in the 4th quarter when we’re winning and on defense thus helping the opposing team to game plan instead of letting them use there time outs. The play calling inside the 20. It’s almost as if they want Dak to be the hero to justify a future contract that they abandon the run in the most obvious situation to run. Taking Zeke out on a third and goal a few times the past few weeks. I mean keep him in there at the very least as a decoy. You show your cards when you take him off the field. Houston game is a major example. Good field position with time left on the clock. You’ve been outplayed most of the game and you settle for 3 points because you thought FG as soon as the final drive started. Field position says take a few shots to try and steal a win but no settle for a tie. Then you go in OT on a 4th and 1 with a top 3 RB on the roster being outplayed and punt the ball from the 50 yard line. I can literally go on and on and that will not generate us wins. If your fine with being 8-8 and being a wild card beat down for someone then that’s fine. I however am not against Dak. I am however against the coaching staff and it should be well known as to why. Coaches have been fired for a lot less and when most of your coaching history here is subpar you shouldn’t be employed.  

On 11/24/2018 at 11:46 AM, Tony7188 said:

So why come back now? What you call a "true fan" is blind homerism. There are a few fans here who subscribe to that and there are a few fans who don't on here. There is some logic to both trains of thought. But if you are too narrow minded to see that, I'm sure can keep your insults and 27 posts to yourself. I'm curious to what you think a discussion forum is? Do you even know the difference between an argument and a discussion? 

Lurk away.  

This is the kind of stuff we need to try and shy away from. Let people vent, moan, whatever. We need more people here - whether we agree with their opinions or not. 

18 minutes ago, TheBeast23 said:

I understand supporting your team and I’m all for that. I always support my cowboys through and through. Never root for loses but that doesn’t mean you can’t be critical of the team you support and strive for better. Garrett makes situational football mistakes every single game. Such as burning a time-out in the 4th quarter when we’re winning and on defense thus helping the opposing team to game plan instead of letting them use there time outs. The play calling inside the 20. It’s almost as if they want Dak to be the hero to justify a future contract that they abandon the run in the most obvious situation to run. Taking Zeke out on a third and goal a few times the past few weeks. I mean keep him in there at the very least as a decoy. You show your cards when you take him off the field. Houston game is a major example. Good field position with time left on the clock. You’ve been outplayed most of the game and you settle for 3 points because you thought FG as soon as the final drive started. Field position says take a few shots to try and steal a win but no settle for a tie. Then you go in OT on a 4th and 1 with a top 3 RB on the roster being outplayed and punt the ball from the 50 yard line. I can literally go on and on and that will not generate us wins. If your fine with being 8-8 and being a wild card beat down for someone then that’s fine. I however am not against Dak. I am however against the coaching staff and it should be well known as to why. Coaches have been fired for a lot less and when most of your coaching history here is subpar you shouldn’t be employed.  

For me you have posted my main complaints of JG and it is frustrating as he has had these problems all his career I remember him totally blowing clock management at the end of a game with Romo in one of his first games as head coach still one of the situations that exist is he does do a real good job with getting the players ready and seems to have a good relationship with JJones such that mostly JJ of late doesn’t medel with everything other then his Normal preening with the press.  And yes we would benefit greatly from a coach who does better during the games but as long as JJ owns the team good luck getting a experienced proven guy as that coach will want a lot more control then JJ is willing to give up  and it is always a crap shot with young unproven coaches that is one reason I’ve learned to live with JG for the time being who has improved some and just ignore JJ.  

Archived