Post Game talk Preseason Panthers vs. Titans

KingTitan

Taylor Lewan is just the best. Maybe because I'm biased towards left tackles(Roos was my favorite player on the team for a stretch of 4-5 years, and Hopkins before him was always a favorite of mine too), but his excellent play paired with his personality is just the best.

Marcus looked really good today. Love Taylor and Smith looked good too. 

Wasn't much running room for Henry, but he worked well with what he got. He's gotta be better at Pass-Pro though. 

Defense looked incredible. Adoree had a good return. Of course Supernaw inherently knew something good was going to happen so gave the hold... He might be my least favorite Titan since Amano.

A lot of good came out of today's game more good than bad.

Mariota played very well he looks great

Cassel who I'm always very critical of did just fine today

Henry the guy is a beast he's a stiff arm machine

Fluellen might sneak on to this team who knows he's running well he's playing good ST's

Jonnu Smith was very good in the passing game but he needs to clean up the penalties and continue to work on his blocking.

O-Line was much better today

Walkers grab was really nice 

Tre McBride the guy i keep pulling hard for I don't think he makes the team but he had a few nice grabs I really wish he hauled in the one he dropped it would of helped him a little

Taywan Taylor continues to make plays I can't wait till the regular season so they turn him loose hit him deep more.

Starting defense played good all be it vs Anderson but they have been consistent through 2 games 

Logan Ryan looked much better today

Jayon Brown continues to look good in coverage

Avery Williamson  looks good I expect him to have a good year since it's a contract year

Wallace, Carroway look good seem to be giving us great depth at that position

Kalan Reed Mr Irrelevant continues to get better hope he sticks around his versatility could be a good thing to have in a long season

Special Teams on all phases looks good. The coverage teams look phenomenal.

Adoree Jackson is fast I know it doesn't count but that kid can run I'm hoping to finally have something special on returns.

There wasn't many negative things but the biggest negative from today's game was the penalties. They had penalties on all 3 phases of the ball today and lots of them. They need to clean all that up before it really counts 

Succop had a miss he's due 1 or 2 a year hopefully he stays solid 

6 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Marcus looked really good today. Love Taylor and Smith looked good too. 

Wasn't much running room for Henry, but he worked well with what he got. He's gotta be better at Pass-Pro though. 

Defense looked incredible. Adoree had a good return. Of course Supernaw inherently knew something good was going to happen so gave the hold... He might be my least favorite Titan since Amano.

Ya I haven't been a huge Supernaw fan. He did play better last year but im not a big fan

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-tennessee-titans-34-carolina-panthers-27/

TOP 5 GRADES

CB Kalan Reed, 88.6 overall grade

ED Aaron Wallace, 87.9 overall grade

S Denzel Johnson, 87.7 overall grade

DI Cameron Robbins, 84.1 overall grade

T Taylor Lewan, 82.9 overall grade

My thoughts: I'm legitimately intrigued by Reed. He's apparently had a strong camp and has looked damn good in the preseason games. When Sims and Ryan come out next week, I'd much rather see Reed and Adoree on the outside. We know what Brice McCain is, he doesn't need those reps. I'd also like to see them work in a few plays where you have Byard as the rover and Reed playing deep. 

Aaron Wallace has also looked real good. I know he's playing against backups, but he at least shows up. Right now, I'd have him ahead of Dodd on the depth chart. For a 3-4 team, I still have no real idea why we drafted Dodd and he's been pretty invisible.

The fact that we put so much emphasis on fixing our special teams is going to pay much dividends this season. You saw just how vital it was this game with our kickoff/punt coverage and Adoree's return (even if it was called back). It completely flipped the field in our favor, for both offense and defense, multiple times this game.

• Fluellen is the 3rd RB

• First string OL was much better but would like to see better push in the run-game.

• This offense could do big things if everything is clicking and everyone is healthy. Really would like to see everybody out there for a least one preseason game but it doesn't look like it's going to happen with Mularkey already pretty much ruling out Davis for next week. All of them need to build that chemistry with Mariota so they don't look flat come week 1.

• 1st string D looked better but still have yet to face a decent QB.(still won't next week).

• Love to see some turnovers for the defense.

• Wallace and Carraway have shown more than Dodd.... That's sad.

• Reed is making this team and should be getting snaps on 1st string to see how he does against real NFL players

• Jonnu Smith showed some real nice things in the receiving game. Needs to improve his blocking greatly though. Good thing he'll be working with Delanie for a few seasons.

• Byard will be a top 5 safety in this league.

• Jayon Brown has looked damn good. Nice to see a LB with athleticism and instincts.

Rewatched the game and I see Tre McB getting flack but besides that one dropped pass, he had a solid game.

Dodd...meh.

Byard...hell yeah!

D Walker...hellova catch bud!  Show Johnnu how to block.

Mariota...second play of the game QB scramble...held my breath when he slid on that leg...happy when he bounced right back up.

A. Jackson on the return...whoa!

Area of most concern: penalties.

Unknown player I've got my eye on: Staples.

Want to see more of: Play action pass.

Great game to showcase our talent!! Carolina had a strong front 7. They focused on the run early and we diced them up in the air. This ability to bounce back and forth between the run and pass game really makes me happy=)

40 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Scared of rushing him back, but it would definitely be nice to at least get him a drive or two with Marcus before the regular season.

Pretty awesome news to hear.  Our offense is already looking pretty good without him, I'm dying to see how much better will be WITH him (and Decker).  But I'm really glad to see guys like Taywan Taylor get more time to showcase his skills, and McBride stepping his game up.  So far, Taylor is doing what Wright didn't do, and that's showing a lot of consistency in his play.  Davis should get a lot of work in against Chicago because the first team will play longer.

My excitement is slowly increasing man.  I can feel it.

Archived