Post Game talk Preseason Panthers vs. Titans

KingTitan

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Scared of rushing him back, but it would definitely be nice to at least get him a drive or two with Marcus before the regular season.

Honestly, I would rather him take that week off. Its easy to feel great with a hamstring injury and as soon as you start going full speed you tweak it again and face a bigger set back. 

Henry has to improve his pass pro. To be such a big man he whiffs a lot on his blocks. Just saying he will get Mariota lit up in the regular season. He should be stonewalling guys as big as he is. I like Henry as the future at the RB position but Croom has to get him to stick his nose in there on blitz pickups. 

8 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Some guy wrote an article about how the metrics proved even as a prospect drafting Aguyao at all(much less in the 2nd round) was incredibly stupid:

http://settingedge.com/40pluskicks

There are so many reasons it was such a terrible pick. The article hits on most of them. He legitimately went backwards over the course of his college career, bottoming out by making 5 of 10 attempts from 40 yards or further as a senior. Blair Walsh  was released last year when he went 5-8 on kicks of 40+.

I'd virtually be against taking any kicker with a top 100 pick, but man, if you're going to, the guy better have at least been trending the right direction over his career. 

Only caught the first half and skimmed through some of the second, so I've been meaning to ask what you guys think of Reed. Is he worthy of the praise PFF is giving him through 2 weeks? Cause I didn't necessarily think he jumped out on tape. Wallace, yes, the kid looks pretty solid.

Also, with the way the WR competition has been going, I wonder if Douglas can still make the team just by being a coach favorite. Thought Tre had a really solid game, but depending on how the Sharpe situation progresses, he might still be the odd man out and I don't know if that's the best way to go. 

10 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

Is he worthy of the praise PFF is giving him through 2 weeks? Cause I didn't necessarily think he jumped out on tape.

He jumped out to me in Week 1. On Saturday, I simply didn't notice him for a large stretch of the game. Given that he's in the secondary and played (I believe) the most snaps of any defensive player, that's not necessarily a bad thing. When he was targeted in the fourth quarter, he looked pretty good again.

I think it's just easier for a guy like Wallace to make an impact. It's the nature of his position that there's a real chance he can be involved in any play. But really, Reed's been targeted 10 times in two games and has allowed a total of 20 yards. 2.0 yards per target is pretty great for a corner.

The way Mularkey has been talking up Dodd in the face of poor production, I am guessing he's traded for like a conditional 6th/7th rounder to a 4-3 team. Unless LeBeau & Co can get very creative, he's a very poor fit.

Archived