Post Game talk Preseason Panthers vs. Titans

KingTitan

As bad as that stretch was, the future looks as bright as it's been in a long time here. Lewan, Williamson, DaQuan Jones, Mariota, Fowler all look like they could/will get a 2nd contract here and, while it's early, the 16 and 17 class are off to a blazing start.

Then again, back in 2012 we thought we had our QB of the future(Locker), two emerging WRs(Britt,Wright), and one of brightest LB core in the league(Ayers,McCarthy,Brown) and we all know how that went.

12 hours ago, titans0021 said:

He jumped out to me in Week 1. On Saturday, I simply didn't notice him for a large stretch of the game. Given that he's in the secondary and played (I believe) the most snaps of any defensive player, that's not necessarily a bad thing. When he was targeted in the fourth quarter, he looked pretty good again.

I think it's just easier for a guy like Wallace to make an impact. It's the nature of his position that there's a real chance he can be involved in any play. But really, Reed's been targeted 10 times in two games and has allowed a total of 20 yards. 2.0 yards per target is pretty great for a corner.

That's fair. I just have mixed feelings about the secondary, the CB group in particular because I think we're fine at safety. If someone gets to finish preseason taking over McCain's job in the slot, that'd be a good sign things are progressing. But I don't know, I haven't seen enough of Reed to make an opinion (the one or two throws I remember from the Car game were just off throws from the QB), it looks like they're taking their time with Adoree (and that's not necessarily a bad thing) and I don't know if I personally have much confidence in Sims starting on the outside.

Archived