Bucs turn back to Jameis Winston as starting QB

TheKillerNacho

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

I'm well aware.

I kinda figured as much. Just confused as to why you phrased things as you did.

Winston doesn't even justify a "maybe" contract situation, like the Jags gave Bortles, IMO.

Get rid of him and let him be a reclamation project for someone else. Draft another young guy, have Fitz start until he's ready, and go from there. 

4 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I kinda figured as much. Just confused as to why you phrased things as you did.

Winston doesn't even justify a "maybe" contract situation, like the Jags gave Bortles, IMO.

Get rid of him and let him be a reclamation project for someone else. Draft another young guy, have Fitz start until he's ready, and go from there. 

There's no need for any kind of new contract. He's already under control for 2019.

And Fitz is garbage. He's mailed it in. He doesn't care anymore.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

There's no need for any kind of new contract. He's already under control for 2019.

I'm well aware.

Don't prolong the inevitable. Don't use the option unless you can trade him. Nothing good will come out of seeing if yet another year will make him less of a meathead. 

12 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I'm well aware.

Don't prolong the inevitable. Don't use the option unless you can trade him. Nothing good will come out of seeing if yet another year will make him less of a meathead. 

We've already used the option. Cap space isn't an issue and there isn't an upgrade available. If he sucks again, we let him go and draft a QB. If not, yay.

On 11/22/2018 at 7:38 PM, bucsfan333 said:

We've already used the option. Cap space isn't an issue and there isn't an upgrade available. If he sucks again, we let him go and draft a QB. If not, yay.

I agree with the premise - but to be clear, the Bucs could choose to not exercise that option - as long as he's able to pass a physical.  There's no dead money in walking away. 

Having said that, I agree 100 percent TAM is better off keeping him for 2019 and then hitting 2020's draft class if he's not the answer.   As long as he's A.) not Reuben Foster-level stupid and B.) can figure out how to see the underneath guy in coverage (that's literally 80-90 percent of his picks), he should be fine.   B.) is a real mystery, it's crazy that he can't see the guy, when he can make the rest of the reads and progressions.

Archived